Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

You Have to Do the Work...

No way around it, you have to actually DO the work. You can read every book you can get your hands on about anxiety, take every supplement you read about and any pharmaceutical your doctor prescribes, you can come on every internet forum supporting each other everyday, and even if you receive great benefit from them, there is no way around it, you have to do the work and the work that you and you do alone, will be the core of how you get better! Everyone here that went from panicking freak out mode to normal mode has 1 thing in common, they all had a strong will to do the work!

I would agree with that 100%.

However, I would also say until you are ready to do the actual work, that reading and taking a supplements is a good start

Oh god just go away PC.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Oh god just go away PC.
    You have a very serious mental disorder! I post rarely and when I do it is like 1 or 2 threads out of many and somehow, you always follow me around and immediately post ad hominem attacks and various personal insults, as if you are being forced to follow any thread I write. You volunteered to read and respond and then as usual you complain.

There are 20 threads under the stickies on the front page, I have 1 and this is the ONLY one I have posted on at all! Yet, you somehow click on it, read it, and then do what you always do, is hurl insults with no content and no benefit for anyone. Something is seriously wrong with you! If you hat eye so much, why don't you spend you time on the other 19 threads and leave mine to the sane people?

Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantSide View Post
    I would agree with that 100%.

However, I would also say until you are ready to do the actual work, that reading and taking a supplements is a good start
    Yeah great point! Supplements and reading and many things helps one do the work and even begin the work! Totally agree! Even medication can help one get on with their life, as long as they don't use it as a crutch and they actually do their best to get better so they can eventually get off the drugs. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough. I guess my main point was the CORE is the work one does. Such a simple concept that generally gets ignored. It's like taking anabolic steroids will make one grow mass muscle, but won't do jack if you never lift the weights.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    No way around it, you have to actually DO the work. You can read every book you can get your hands on about anxiety, take every supplement you read about and any pharmaceutical your doctor prescribes, you can come on every internet forum supporting each other everyday, and even if you receive great benefit from them, there is no way around it, you have to do the work and the work that you and you do alone, will be the core of how you get better! Everyone here that went from panicking freak out mode to normal mode has 1 thing in common, they all had a strong will to do the work!
    I 1000% percent agree with you and I think this is the best advice you can give to anyone about anxiety/panic. My first step to getting better is truly understanding what anxiety/panic disorder is. Understand its side effects, and once you've truly understood stay off of GOOGLE!!!! Stop thinking you have every disease in the book because you will drive yourself crazy. As far as Meditation/Yoga/diet/workingout/supplements/medication/therapy you have to do your homework on it and understand that this part is trial by error because what works form someone else might not work for you but you should not be discouraged. I've tried countless things that either helped or did not but I finally found what works for me and I am able to manage day by day. So like Panic said and its the most important thing to understand "You have to do the work"!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    You have a very serious mental disorder
    That's not a nice thing to say to somebody on a mental health support forum.

Gypsylee is one of the most thoughtful, kind, caring and supportive members on this forum we're lucky to have her!
    Last edited by salvator here; 02-22-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Gypsylee is one of the most thoughtful, kind, caring and supportive members on this forum we're lucky to have her!
    Thanks Salvator and Martin

PC I do have a very serious mental disorder; it's called Sick of Self-Righteous Twats.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    That's not a nice thing to say to somebody on a mental health support forum.
    Generally speaking you are correct, but when this poster follows everything I post with insults and attacks for years, I feel she absolutely deserves it! Notice how whatever I post, she finds it and hurls insults regardless of what the topic is at hand. Case in point, out of the 20 posts on here, 1 is mine, she came on here just to hurl an insult, offering no benefit to anyone reading. She deserves to be ridiculed but mainly, probably the best thing to do is ignore her. So tell me, if someone hates everything I write, and since I write rarely anyway, what sane person would keep finding my posts and replying with personal attacks? Again, attacking me personally and discussing the subject at hand is no benefit to anyone!