Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Medication is necessary in certain situations. During a heart attack you will need certain medicines or you will die. The same goes for a stroke.
    You may need antibiotics for a severe bacterial infection. My daughter had kidney stones and needed pain medication as her pain was so severe
    she could not stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Meh ... you don't have to agree. The way I talk works well for me. As for we - just talk for yourself hey? Many of the others here know I'm not like you suggest. They read me well enough. It's just the way I deal with things. I don't personally attack. If you want to get nasty, the only one your going to piss off; is yourself. Your reaction says more about yourself than it does me.

I know I am not right on most things ... just take it with a grain of salt ... although you might want to check your sodium lvls. : ) ... anyways - Natural and unnatural ... I find it's more more in the way it is processed as well as how we take it:

We talk more soon enough.

But first let me see your reaction and gauge how toxic you really want to get?

This is the context of medicine as poison. We give you X pill that will fix Y but then you may need to take another because of Z. I don't except you to understand given your response; but that's OK. I don't need your aproval or anyone else's. It's enough to know that we are a sick species that uses chemicals as solutions rather than seeking to live in harmony. It's no longer just about East Vs West - that card is old; nothing but a distraction. But let's not go there as you've already indicated - you have a dislike for preachers. : ) I used to as well ... but now have that under control.

I've read and done way more than you give me credit for. I actually talk from personal experience and write deeply about the things I touch on. Again ... as for "We" - you really don't know the half of it. But is OK - your still new in this here forum. Give it time. When the time is right ... there is also the ignore feature. What I have to say is not appreciated by the many because most people would rather stay ill. Is much easier that way. I am the same way - it's like living on a sinking ship. Woops ... I'm preaching again. Srry.

Keep talking - I'm happy to oblige.

Just be careful with your personal attacks - It will not bode well.
    When you say completely unsubstantiated things like all unnatural substances are poison, I'm going to get pretty annoyed. It wasn't a personal attack.

It's pretty clear you have your own prejudices and your own agendas. Every other post of yours seems to attack the society that you live in (despite relying on it heavily for monetary handouts, waste disposal, medical care, and police protection). But this forum isn't the place for you to preach your "sick society" message. Nor is it the place to promote unsubstantiated treatments for medical problems, like all-natural living, cleanses and detoxes.

I come to this forum to read about testable methods of dealing with anxiety, not to read about fairies and mythical pain bodies and cure-all fasts.

Thank's for your view on what this forum is about. We all have our own ways of dealing with life. Thanks for your kind response.

I will however say that people can say whatever they want in this forum. It's not a place for others to tell others what they can and cannot say.

It's what makes this forum an extremely appealing place. No one in it has the right to silence another. We all say what we want.

All the best for finding what works for you. You can be sure no one will stop you from expressing as you must.

Have a good day brother.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

For my new friend Martin - I came up with it whilst out walking with the fairies this fine morning:

I hope this helps - I know it did me!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    No idea.. I'm guessing that depends on the individual. You see, my pancreas was probably susceptible to damage because my uncle is Type 1 diabetic. My brain seems to have held up well but I know a woman whose body has survived but her brain is fried.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sharper now but do have some short term memory loss at times (dunderheaded). In my 20's, I also used to WAY overuse sudafed until they removed as an OTC drug, then I in turn began to overuse phenylephrine as a result. I guess we do pay for what we do when younger, can't expect otherwise.

here are some videos i made about my experience with alcohol and anxiety:

if you like my comments you can check out my little videos on anxiety and sobriety here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ps: although i like to answer people and help them with anxiety... i am not even close to having it "all figured out" i'm just one out of 8 billion people navigating life to the best of my abilities... and i found some things that work for me :-) hope it helps you too.

here is the other one... tried to put it above but only let me do one :\

if you like my comments you can check out my little videos on anxiety and sobriety here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ps: although i like to answer people and help them with anxiety... i am not even close to having it "all figured out" i'm just one out of 8 billion people navigating life to the best of my abilities... and i found some things that work for me :-) hope it helps you too.

I had a beer earlier and I can't believe how much 1 drink can help with anxiety (at least temporarily). I feel no symptoms and I'm nice and relaxed.

The irony is that I can actually think more clearly after a couple of drinks. The intoxication is offset by the drop in anxiety and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Teafrenzy View Post
    I had a beer earlier and I can't believe how much 1 drink can help with anxiety (at least temporarily). I feel no symptoms and I'm nice and relaxed.

The irony is that I can actually think more clearly after a couple of drinks. The intoxication is offset by the drop in anxiety and fear.
    Thing is, I agree with you completely. My two biggest fears or phobias in life are severe storms at night and hospitals. My wife had two very hard pregnancies due to preeclampsia and we were in the hospital a LOT. I hated the thought of even stepping in there... but... two or three, maybe four (I never kept track cause I drank from the bottle) shots of whiskey (empty stomach as much as possible, because it worked better and faster) and I would be talking to the Dr.s and feel fine... (*to note*, I would eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and use listerine to hide it) My wife knew I was drinking before hand and would even remark that I wasn't slurring my speech or talking too loud, or anything that would imply that I was pretty 'loaded up'. I even drove us with our 3yr old back and forth... oh man...

Problem was, as time went on, I was getting through a quarter liter or more a day. The anxiety was kicking up due to the alcohol abuse and not having enough in my system to keep it at bay. My tolerance built up very high. Nighttime brought on pounding heart and pain in my stomach... but I did the same thing the next day.

Because it worked so well, it got abused. It was never intentional, it just built up to that. Mostly due to stresses. I will be 100% sober for three wks as of Monday.

I have to treat it like a drug. I can't speak for you because everyone is completely different, (I have no idea how 'high' or severe your anxiety is or whether chemical or not, but you are on an anxiety forum... so... anyway) but drinking to relieve anxiety is a slippery slope. I hope you can keep things down to 'sensible' (whatever that may be) levels for you. You will more than likely require more as you get older and hit more stresses I think though.

I slept well last night but I woke up feeling depressed. Usually I wake up with a hyper kind of feeling. I blame the alcohol.

I really don't like the depressed feeling.