Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have anxiety but I don't take medication so she actually be similar, just mild anxiety.

It's great that you can cope without medications. I meditate every morning and it helps. At first it was hard to calm down my mind and sit still for a long time. But then if you do it every day on a daily basis you get the hang of it.

Is there any specific routine that you follow? I don't know how to even start meditating - sitting and listening to soothing music? Focusing on my breath and calming myself down? Anything else?

Here are the steps how to meditate:
    1. Find a meditation area free of noise, bright lights and other distractions.
    2. Sit on the floor or in a comfortable chair with your back straight and your chin down.
    3. Breathe in and out through you nose and focus your attention on your breath. If your attention wanders, simply bring it back to your breathing. Continue breathing until your timer rings.
    Meditation helps me to become more peaceful, more focused, less worried about discomfort, more attentive to everything in my life. It helps me to understand my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMargo View Post
    Here are the steps how to meditate:
    1. Find a meditation area free of noise, bright lights and other distractions.
    2. Sit on the floor or in a comfortable chair with your back straight and your chin down.
    3. Breathe in and out through you nose and focus your attention on your breath. If your attention wanders, simply bring it back to your breathing. Continue breathing until your timer rings.
    Meditation helps me to become more peaceful, more focused, less worried about discomfort, more attentive to everything in my life. It helps me to understand my mind.

A+++++ Like it!

MrsMargo welcome to the meditation group, perfect short explanation
    I have similar effect when I really focus on my hobbies, I do not react to world around me, I am doing my thing in mediated state , it is nice
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    MrsMargo welcome to the meditation group, perfect short explanation
    I have similar effect when I really focus on my hobbies, I do not react to world around me, I am doing my thing in mediated state , it is nice
    Thank you! I agree that a hobby can keep yourself distracted when all the negative thoughts come pouring in. By the way, meditation is a hobby too.

Thank you! I agree that a hobby can keep yourself distracted when all the negative thoughts come pouring in. By the way, meditation is a hobby too.
    Absolutely meditation saved my life so many times, I do meditate for over 35 years at least
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore