Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"I have anxiety--but not so bad I can't still do fine without meds"

One of my managers at work loves to talk about her "anxiety." Which she takes NO MEDICATION for. And WITHOUT MEDICATION she can function well enough to be a manager, wife and mother. And she's much younger than I am. I live alone and work as a cashier at age 28, because my anxiety makes anything more than that impossible. If I say the words that go through my mind right now I'll probably get banned from this site. So let's just say I'm really getting sick of people with normal lives or who excel sobbing about "anxiety" because they worry too much or get stage fright.

She does have "anxiety" in a literal sense, but nothing that prevents her from living above average. I'm so piss sick of EVERYONE who EXCELS claiming to have "Anxiety," "ADD," "Depression," and all the things that prevent me from being NORMAL. It's like an Olympic runner complaining about being a "paraplegic" because his ankle sometimes hurts after racing.

Does anyone else get sick of this sort of thing?

Yes I do!!

When I was working, I would see coworkers pull the ADD card like it was nothing at all anytime when they were expected to (actually) work and management bought it (fell for it) every time. My ADD was debilitating growing up and I barely graduated high school even in special ed classes. I still carry some adult ADD, although I've outgrown it to some degree. What really ripped me was, they used it to get Adderall like it was candy by becoming a good actor to their doctors, when some of us are (truly) suffering from anxiety and depression and can not even get short term (safe) anxiety medication such as a simple benzo. Working was a exhausting and torturous struggle for me and my doctors didn't give a hoot at all. Maybe its unfair to judge other though as I can't know their set of circumstance, and although they present to be "Normal", people put on a facade to others. I'm learning to focus more energy on my self and less on other peoples lives so much.

I'm sorry to use your thread to rant myself there, but yeah, It is infuriating.

You don't have to take drugs or be diagnosed with whatever to have an anxiety disorder. I don't take drugs, excel in many things I do and am on a Disability Pension for Anxiety. Go Figure.

Obviously I am unemployable and certifiably so. I don't need to convince anyone here of that; those that matter have already done that. I'm just making a point.

I choose to look at life differently which helps to keep myself balance without all this need the industry and those trapped in it create and take.

I find it frustrating why people wish to infidelity with being mentally ill full stop - regardless of taking pills, success and or not.

We live in a world that thrives on illness. Everyone wants the crown to being the sickest and challenged by those who suffer less. Is how we are conditioned and how our negative mindsets keep on living.

So whilst I still get sick from time to time, my point of view tends to make it more a frustrating case when seeing others act this way.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I have had health anxiety for many years off and on and also have some form of ADD but manage to function OK overall.
    Medicine never worked for me so I have had to tough it out and do the best that I can.

What exactly is normal, though? Everyone struggles with different things on different levels. Some folks may be able to hide their struggles better than others. There have been people who didn't think I had anxiety "that bad." Meanwhile I was in a state of sheer panic before going into work every day. Sure, I was able to pull it together enough most days to go in, put on a smile, and get my work done, but I was truly in a bad state behind closed doors. Even without the stress that job caused me, the struggle is still no joke. Don't get me wrong - I totally get where you're coming from. You're not around this lady every minute of the day, though. What may look like excelling to you may be to her just getting by the best way she knows how in order to survive and provide.

Can Depression Be Cured without Medication? This is a question that many people ask me. They search the web, talk to their doctors, and seek alternative treatments, hoping that they can recover “on their own.” But for severe or persistent depression, both therapy and medication may be needed for a complete recovery. From getting more sleep to taking up a hobby, making these simple changes in your life can help boost your mood and prevent depression.

Yes almalutz why not, all you need is to keep you mind and soul peaceful. Do meditation regularly. Try to be in a happy environment.

I can relate

yes it is not all about medicines just help your self to away from anxiety and keep doing some exercise .

I have mild enxiety, but no matter what type of anxiety you're dealing with, it can be cured. The first thing you should do is to see a doctor. Treating in time is very important as it won’t allow an anxiety disorder to turn into depression.