Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Help with Effexor withdrawal

I feel like I have the flu. This is my first experience with meds. I can't tell if I just happen to be sick, or if this is a symptom of the withdrawal. I'm about a week into taking a pill every other day instead of everyday. Yesterday I took my dose a bit late. I'm scared that I did this to myself. My body hurts, I'm freezing and can't get warm, coughing, sore throat. My skin is crawling. Yesterday I was in a daze, but today, I feel mentally normal, just physically awful. Do you think this is the effexor? Is there anything I can do to make it better or easier?

Bump... any thoughts?

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I don't know enough about it to give any advice, but just wanted to say hang in there. Try to drink lots of water and get lots of sleep.

It will get better, just be sure to go down slowly and don't cut back too fast. I think you have a cold/flu because of the fact you have a sore throat and that fits in with flu more so than cutting back on medication.