Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

About my Session @ Mens Group.

I'm kind of just procrastinating now. This MOOC Massive Open Online Courses - is a little hard for me to navigate through and understand what it is that I have to do. BUT - I will stick it out. For now though ... I make another relaxing post in this here space before going out for a run.

About my Session @ Mens Group. (A mental health recovery based group therapy approach yadda yadda)

I know your not feeling that great so I wrote this for you Dahila

So it is was that I took up my mates invitation to attending group one more time. We both left for similar reasons. It had been some time since our last visit. We consoled ourselves by figuring what's the worst that could happen? At least we would have something to bitch about if we did not like our next sitting. I ended up rather engaged defending the rights of Bisexuals and Lesbians to a rather insecure homosexual who also had a hard time with straight people who experimented being gay. Don't get me wrong ... I love everyone. I just don't think it's right to respond to stigma by doing the same.

So once the room all but cleared and there were only us few left. (sadly a lot of homophobics still around) Well actually after I managed to pursued my friend to come back, low and behold - when the next guy takes his turn to chat ... out comes → "I love religion!" I just looked at my mate and gave him a well meaning smile whilst fighting the laughter welling within. True to form this was my Que to tell everyone how I thought that I was GOD! (my own creator) You had to be there to see this unfold. My mate just threw his hand up like "why the fuck not!" Anyways this other guy goes on about loving rigid rules and having a path to follow; which resonated well with me. By the time he made his point on absolute guidance ... I simply responded "You'd do well in prison. I know I did." After he chocked ... he laughed out loud. His delivery was more from an intellectual position. I just continued telling everyone how great if felt to be God and that they should seriously give it a try. At least for a day or two.

So after group there be my mate and me ... walking up the pier and drinking coffee. Not often I drink coffee ... I was having a great day! Alas the sun seemed to agree with me. It was shining bright. Although a little on the hot side the wind came to the party to cool things off. It also help to drown out my mate's insensate yelling; "God damn *&^%ing Gay Convention and Religious Pricks."

As for me? I'm looking forward to next week. Thankfully I convinced my mate to come with.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

The Pier: (on a cooler day)
    4500Xclose in and angled @ 150mm Zoom by David Kynaston, on Flickr
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-01-2017 at 01:30 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Glad you liked it D

Just cutting and pasting this post I made because I like this train of though. I am teaching myself to preach in a new way. hahahahaharrrrr (I'm doing the work) Still working on it!

Just thinking of delving more into this ... but in a place I can lose myself in it. People caught up in the machine that thrive on it, do not like it when you expose it. Nonetheless is no reason not to tell it. Addicts we all be!!! Depersonalizing it from societal terms to that all elusive "pain body" ... Oh NO ... don't speak in riddles ... pffft we deal with this in a language that can not be misunderstood soon enough. This is the whole reason I am doing this writing course.

Form a thread on "Doing The Work"

I find accepting anxiety as an inherent part of the human condition allows me to suffer less, than when viewing it as the primary source to one's mental condition. This mindset alone takes work given how one is conditioned - to reject all forms of pain in favor of endless comfort. The influence of which I write is far different to that of natures programming that help's us avoid pain so that we may live and thrive.

Our economic culture uses fear itself in order to promote suffering so that we may adopt unnecessary methods and controls. What's any of that got to do with "doing the work"? In the spirit of "It's not that simple," I'm simply exposing the complexity of how many of us are influenced into doing more work than we really ought - or should. Moreover the key being in recognizing how we are are taught to fear fear itself. In fact I would go as far to say that my own predispositions spawn from a complex past of child abuse and varioius other negative environmental factors is less detrimental when compared to the mechanism that drives our current ideals, philosophies and ways of thinking.

So it is through this realization that I am better prepared to accept "anxiety" with a lot less fear which gives me more energy to do the work (regardless of which method) that actually works. At any rate ... it would appear to me that one's approach is more crucial to success than the
    testimonials of successful methods.

I'm off for a walk with one of the guys from group.

Here's to a good day for all!
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-01-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz Whatever. D - I will see if I can find any info on any Near Earth Asteroids. Perhaps we can look forward to such an event.

What's on the menu for today Davy Boy? --- Morning Run, Trailer Load of Rubbish for family, Weights, Writing Course, Play with Grandson, Eat & Drink well!

Yea ... that's enough.

Ponders the recent comment a certain person made about having one's own thread to show off. I know it was a momentary lapse on their part ... but I reject it completely. It's really as simple as that. I don't give two fucks about what others think of me. Perhaps not that simple as those closest to me can effect me like that, but not fuckers on here who could care less. I'm not here to save others and carry on like some pretentious point scoring dogooder building up fuck knows what for his or her next life. Big cheesy smile at the thought of instigating toxic posts that lead to lynching. Just say what's really on your mind the next time you've got bees in your bonnet.

So why the fuck do I require space where I write like so? Good Q! (perhaps try asking like that ... although they were just making a negative point) Because it helps me to structure my day despite previous claims of no format being required.

NOW - takes a nice deep breath - on with my day.

~ enjoy.

edit - Obviously I care what others think and it shows ... is as it is ... I was pricked and I responded as above. No need to delete - let's just be honest as "mindfully as we can" Hence my edit. - My bad.

Seriously ... Live & let live ... Peace Out.
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-02-2017 at 01:04 PM.