Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just a lose journal entry. Time to stop eating again. Let's see what how far I can get this time. Enjoyed the sun this morning with a couple of bouts in and out. Just preparing some fava beans for when I recommend eating. lol Still buying premium beans, wild rice, and other foods online. Still soaking, drying, slow cooking and all that kind of thing. Keeping motivated can be hard at times, but I am pleased that for the most part I have stayed the course for a few years running now. In fact I can once again run! I've nailed a variety of exercising methods, a way of eating and even resting. I just have to bring it all together which is why I am determined to successfully water fast once again.

My somewhat recent other attempts always ran into some kind of stress that countered my intent. Not so this time. The previous efforts will this time see me off to a good start. 24 hours is my first goal and I'll just see what happens from there. Time to log out.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

So far so good ... 19 hours and counting. Just getting into the hard part now as evening slowly approaches. The first night is always the hardest!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

The fava beans looked and smelt so good I busted. Now to really enjoy my next meal.

Let's keep things real shall we:

I still find it all very interesting.

If you take out the sci/fi fantasy, it's pretty much how our society is run.

Hi I have friend who just finished his ten days fasting. He says he feels wonderful, he is your age, very slim and healthy as hell. I am really wondering If I should do intermediate fasting. I was so tired after yesterday......
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

We eat way toooo much D and as we age we don't need nearly as much. If human conditioning is not bad enough, add to that the instability of compulsion! Is it any wonder we constantly struggle not trying to fill the void with food.

YES - I also feel intermittent fasting is the way to go. I keep forgetting just how much I screwed up my liver and kidneys. Fasting intermittently is a much safer and obtainable way for me. But you know me; always into the extremes.

Having said that though ... I am pulling myself up this week. This week is all bout balance and stretching. I can see the dawn light starting to brighten up so I best go for my walk now.

You have made me think about my approach to food once more D ... this week I look into caloric restriction along the lines of the 5:2 diet ... although minus latter term. I was down to 69kg eating mostly RAW ... what and when we eat is just as important and then of course there is the stress lvl factor and quality of sleep.

I am hoping this weeks focus on balance will help even those last few factors out.

I ponder more when I get back ...

How did yesterday go?
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-19-2017 at 12:20 PM.

So anyways - here is what the last two weeks of exercise looks like for me:

WEEK3:

WEEK4:

Making up the table then having it ready to make an entry is getting easier to do. Just got back from an hour + walk and feeling much better now. I'm treating myself for heavy metals now D. Back to using food grade DIATOMACEOUS EARTH. Sometimes I feel as though I can taste the amalgamated fillings I have. Keeping the my body neutral is such a chore at times.

Anyways ... for the most part, despite going through the motions at this point and time ... there is no substitute for the positive effects I am currently undergoing. Not any synthesized ones at least! Yes I get that tired feeling too. That's life! I'm just going to play this week by ear and see what happens. This morning's dawn walk reminded me just how much I need to start timing my sessions and avoid getting tooooo much sun ... OR ... at least = that exposure with qualtiy time syncing with the raising and going down of the sun.

I might even start writing more about the experience as well as just making the activity entries ... it all depends on how much I have left in the tank. I am still very early into establishing my "running" routine. I think I will take at least 6 months to establish for the long haul. It's good that I have knocked back my weight training to only twice a week. I intend to stick to that. If anything ... I am thinking of including a palates workout here and there with more focus on stretching as well.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

That's just the activity part. The meditative side - I feel this will come into effect as my activity routine takes less effort. A result of sustained commitment and clear thinking. WEEK 5 hey ... hmmm ... we shall see ... still riding out a few injuries whilst at the same time building up bone density. Building up over all strength and resilience.

I think I will start weighing myself again. Doing so with a healthy mind set saw me making healthier choices with what, when and how much I eat. I'll make a new template up for that and include in my activity specs.

Other Notes* Time between workouts best sort with a mix of milder activities rather than long bouts at this here keyboard. Keep min goals in mind and listen to your body. MORE IN SYNC TIMES with dawn and dusk!!! Pic some more locations conducive to my temperament. Forget about what does not work and ride with what does!

Adios ... time to take the little one for a run.

PS --- Week 5 → HERE I COME!!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-19-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Hello Ponder,

Just reading your journal and noticed you mention water fasting. I've been also thinking about giving this a try even for just 1 full day a week. At times, I feel I have lots of chemicals and toxins running through my body and could use a cleanse. I've lost weight also since the middle of January from about 170 to a fluctuating weight of 163 (+/- 3 pounds up/down). I'm happy waking up at 159/160. I started weighing myself again and got a bit carried away with it, finding myself getting a bit obsessed, so now I only weight myself upon waking up and go by that. I'm not muscular and am small boned, so even 155 would not be and unrealistic healthy weight when not bloated or after a hearty meal. I was a skinny kid anyway. I've also started walking almost everyday and even been able to run for short spurts and it feels good. That being said...I'm not on any diet other than avoiding sweets, unnecessary carbs, plus I stop eating 6 hours before bed which has also helped the acid reflux. My blood pressure has gone from 160 over 95 to 140 over 90; this is an improvement (still need to get lower and I'm on a diuretic medication now as well). I am also now in bed by 11:30PM every night and waking up to start the day with the sun goes up, and I feel this combination had really help my mental state of mind, and its progress.

Anyways..

I'll keep reading on the water fasting to see how this works out for you.

Good luck!

Hi Salvator : ) Are you taking meds? Medication is the first thing one must come off when going the way of water fasting. If you do research it, any good book will be sure to point this fact out. I don’t just say this because I am bias about medication … it’s a fact and the last thing I would want to see is anyone get hurt taking on a water fast.
    Definitely read up on it! I can PM and then arrange to email/link you a “Good Book” on the subject as well as an excellent podcast on the subject to help you get your head around it.
    I have decided to go the way of intermittent fasting. Whilst intermittent fasting does not offer up the same deep cleansing effect; it’s a lot safer and still offers a lot of health benefits and more doable.
    I have had issues with damaging both my liver and sadly my kidneys. I also have a lot of metal in my mouth that I can’t afford to get out. Some dentist won’t even take them out. Point is physiology and past damage can make water fasting dangerous as well as other variables.
    Your intention to do it is good! Much better than those who just want to lose weight. Sadly many of those people rush the process and don’t know nearly enough as they should when entering into it.
    I have a friend popping so have to go right now but will pick this back up when I have time.
    NOTE TO SELF … REMEMBER TO GIVE SOME MORE ADVICE TO SALVATOR RE WATER FASTING.

SRRY I have a memory like a sieve. O oh … friend just arrived … we catch up soon enough.
    PS – Srry if my bias about meds is distasteful … I apologise. I have many friends who take them … perhaps one day I will end up back on them. Inevitable to some degree living in this world the way it be. Is all good. I just prefer to do what I can to stay natural is all.
    I have been enjoying your musings … glad you popped in. : )

PPS - I leave you with the following podcast. IMO after much searching it is one of the BEST for anyone LEARNING ABOUT WATER FASTING ... I bought one of the recorded books from this cast. It's a long pod cast but the is a little download icon you can use to download and take it walking. I have listened to this one 3 times over.

Give it time to load - is long podcast is all.
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/drloradio/2012/02/22/water-fasting-juice-cleansing-with-dr-mark-carney

If your interested and the link does not work ... let me know.

Salvator ... Congats on the weight loss!!! Your efforts and sharing them is muchly appreciated. You sound like you know what your doing and the fact that you are doing speaks volumes to me. Is the only way to learn my friend. This is what I like about reading you ... your not just speaking it; but living it! It matters little to me whether it works or not ... just that we keep moving and growing as we go. No such thing as fail although I use the term often myself.

Here's a few notes I thought of whilst out on my run this afternoon:

1. It all begins with what we put in our bodies.

2. MOVEMENT - Walking is excellent!!! (the calf muscle pumps blood in much the same way as our heart pumps blood ... an excellent podcast to download and go walking with ... to inspire you → CLICK HERE - or here.

3. Stretching - Do this often ... lactic acid is bad enough sitting in one spot. Get up and walk round, drink some water and do a little stretching - then return to what you where doing (sitting no doubt)

4. Get Some Sun Go outside!!! Yea yea ... everyone is afraid of the sun these days. I live in a country that has the highest skin cancer rate in the world yet I still advocate getting plenty of sun. Just be sensible about it is all. Even if you live in a part of the work that does not get enough UV ... still go outside to get some fresh air at least. Bit hard in the city, however you can pick the least toxic times to go outside and still reap a little benifit of dusting oneself of from indoor particulates. People are now getting cancer simply from indoor exposure. LMFAO @ that one ... yet there is some science to back it and it makes sense to me. Take vitimin D3 supp if your getting on with age, have liver issues and lack of UV in your part of the world. I don't like taking pills, but I do give in and take the odd supp ... not all the time, but sometimes I feel the benifits. B12 is debatable if your eating clean but yea ... some supps can help. Natural from real food is best though.

4. Self Massage Organ Massage I find makes a difference for me. I put on some organic coconut oil and rub my liver and kidney area to good effect. I do in the mornings and sometimes after a big run.

5.Good Hygiene From a perspective of a clinical anxiety sufferer ... states of depression often lead to poor hygiene which greatly aids in the build up of toxins. Not just from poor choices but from not showering and exfoliating. Sounds ridiculous or at least I though it to be when I did not understand about the body and toxic build up. Even in water fasting - Dry Exfoliating is a recommended way of helping the detox process. Our skin is the largest body organ that allows toxins to escape. Since I started taking regular showers where I scrub myself properly, not only do I no longer have scabies ... I can feel as though my skin is breathing. Before when I was obese and could not give two fucks ... I was suffocating every night I went to bed. Keeping clean really helps with the detox process it also help me to better revive the sun when out and about. Re search Natural Hygiene. Seems like a good link and also ends with a not on fasting. Of course like many other concepts is has a lot of pros, cons and bias / debates. For the most part it's interesting to read about.

6. Circadian Rhythm is an excellent subject to learn about as is the way I tie all my practiced methods/concepts and routines into some kind of balancing point. This subject is the key to quality sleep. rest and recovery, good digestion and healing in general.

7. SLEEP!!!!!! Forget about taking melatonin tablets! Seriously - learning about the subjects above within the context of natural hygiene/path combined with a routine in sync (circadian rhythm) with the dawn and dusk (research indoor lights/spectrum/blue light exposure and sleep)

8. STRESS!!!! Cortisol being the BUZZ word of late and for good reason, however just learn about the basics as again ... marketers put everything in a bottle come of with whatever articles and CH-CHing! - out go the pills. People miss the point. Just learn to D-stress at the source in the same way that it's best to detox by watching what goes in and what we expose ourselves to. Mediation - Self reflection - Therapist/counseling - Learning what works and focusing on healing rather than negative purging ... are all things I dedicate myself to in order that I avoid building up toxins ... as too - releasing negative / residual energy from years past still knotted deep within my soul ... comes down to all the unlearning I talk about ... the recondition of oneself ... building up one's worth from the ground up .. find purpose within boxes we don't fit ... Creating new positive experiences where negative mindsets can not live.

9. Creating Conducive Environments & Minsets - This is a big topic on healing with the mind ... Anxiety sufferers tend to be super sensitive ... This aspect I mean from indoor plants - to tidy spaces - down to affirmations that include doing - intention and preparation for what comes next without any expectation so that one is still present whilst looking forward to what comes next. Having order in one's space I find very effective in keeping me positively charged to embrace what is ... or is not ... and or what comes next. Checking my tone ... my thoughts and accepting when I #*&% up!!! GetIs better the more mindful I become and it's like exercise ... I have to balance it out for best effect.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

There is more ... but that was fun coming up with all that. It really is a good break down of what I do each day to keep myself clean ... to keep from taking in all the poison that is commonly sold, sort after, imprinted, conditioned and in many cases down right alluring, appealing and tempting. As much as the science that goes into combating such things is as much put into these toxic products to suck us in. Such it the insanity and fallibility of our current way of life. The further down the chain ... the lower on the socio economic scale, the more one finds themselves in the midst of toxicity ... dirty air, filthy water, poisonous foods, pills - constant adversity, stigma and Yadda Yadda ...

ALAS ... It's not all bad - We CAN rise above such imperfection and take back control from the simple act of restricted consuming, walking, moving and the above various concepts of natural hygiene. One does not have to have loads of $$$$$$ to buy all those pills. Even when eating commercial fruits and veggies one can still reap the benefits regardless of pesticides ... that is the power of eating food ground from the soil and sun.

The real cost is EFFORT because of the world we now live in. It's become an art living naturally in an natural world. The thing is - most people out there with loads of money still struggle to live clean and it's good to know that by living on less, consuming less = spending less yet the reward in being able to breath!!!! ... to feel air coming in through both nostrils and fill up your lungs and stretch your ribs beyond a range of movement that far exceeds what most obese people can do when tieing their shoes!!!!!:

You just can't buy that kind of thing. It's what makes me smile regardless of not fitting in to the commonly perceived way of living - the expectations, imprinted obligations and all other forms of BS illusions.

Sorry for the long post. It's just another affirmation and reasoning to my own hard core focus in learning to live the way I do.

I do have a tendency to go overboard ... but am getting better at finding my way. All of the above has taken me years and I still have years to go. Is all good.

9:15 PM ... time for a quick read, edit then bed .......... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The following is a little Self Hypnosis Induction I was experimenting with. I think you will remember D? Perhaps a little cheesy ... but such is my effort in learning to train my brain. I imprint what I want to be - is why for me ... my affirmations work. I just need to keep motivated is all. This is just an induction ... a start to the process ... what comes next I usually come up with when I am out moving ... walking ... that kind of thing. I post this more as a record to my efforts rather than a polished piece of work. It's the container of my intent to find peace. It's all in the way we hold out thoughts ... the wish to be free. My running is now a lot less self conscious and I really get high from the sense of freedom that comes when caring less about those things outside of my control.

So it is that I re-post this old recording - just needs a relevant script ... but I already just expressed as much in the above.

Adios ... until next post.