Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think you are describing me there. For 2.5 years now I live in a constant state of anxiety. 24/7 almost. Only at night I feel better till I get up and start my day. Then it`s back to full on anxiety symptoms for the rest of the day. Fog, can`t concentrate as I used to, feel tired, have problems in bright light ( confusion kicks in big time), make mistakes finding the right words when speaking, etc. Of course I do start worry about these symptoms which in return makes it all worse and never stop. I know my main anxiety is health related, first fear of Mad Cow disease back in 1999, then cancer from 2007-2012 and then from 2014 till now I really worry about dementia. In between I do worry about my kids health too. Afraid of flying too, so a relaxing holiday in exotic countries is out of question.

It's been a few months since I gave this post a bump. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it!

I am happy to say that thanks to anxietycentre.com's help, I am nearly 100% recovered from my anxiety disorder. In some ways, I am healthier than I was before I developed the disorder too! If you are suffering from an anxiety disorder, anxietycentre.com can help you! They are truly experts in the field of this disorder, in my opinion. I've learned so much about anxiety and myself from their help. When my disorder was out of control, I never would've believed I would feel this good again. It is such a wonderful feeling. It is my hope and prayer that everyone who is reading this message and suffering will give the site a try!

Just giving this post a bump - it's been awhile and I want to make sure those that are newer to this site have an opportunity to read it. I feel better now than I think I ever have and I have recovered from my anxiety disorder! And if you struggle with anxiety disorder, you can overcome it too!

lol - because we are all like you.

Glad you overcame your symptoms. Anxiety is as natural as fear. Nothing to be overcome - just a label that sells really well and makes books sell.

I want to be sure those new to the site understand that ANXIETY is not the enemy or anything to be overcome and or cured. Symptoms and Causes ... Core issues ... well those we can do.

Don't mind me using a new nick ... just taking the opportunity to notch of another post so I can hit 25 and let it rip.

What have you been up to?

Anxiety is a tool for survival, people do not realize it, it is not disease, it is your response to stress. People who do not have anxiety , high anxiety they are able to respond to stressful situation accordingly. This is not Disease; Anxiety ..........
    I am happy for you RTR but .............there is a lot of buts. I am dealing with anxiety for whole my looooooooooong life (I am probably the oldest here on forum) and I had never "recovered" from it, but I do control it pretty well
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It's not so much the dictionary meaning of the word 'overcome' that's under debate, but more the weight that people place on the term 'anxiety.' If we are to be pragmatic, then let's not lose site of that. For the record, I have stated many times I am not into the club mentality. Your going to have to do better than that to get under my skin. If you wish to keep the best interest of the forum in mind, then perhaps easing up on the personal attacks when ever you post - would be a good place to start.

Edit ... the new Nick is aimed towards dropping the ego the 5000+ posts. (Would LOVE to discus Ego!!!) whilst having a joke at the same time ... More than 90% of those posts are about shedding my ego ... albeit susceptible to clinging at the same time. I must thank you for your comment. I ended up taking a good photo today with you in mind.

Anxiety is not a monster that needs overcoming. Not within the context that is haphazardly talked about in this forum.

Happy to further discuss this generalization and or the demonizing of such terms and how people use said cliches to hide from core issues. Eckhart talks a lot on this point. You had the right brush Polly ... just the wrong paint.

Thanks again PollwWolly

srry - could not resist.
    Last edited by PonderThe2nd; 07-17-2018 at 01:22 AM.

I second what PonderThe2nd says ... because I am his EGO! That Dahila sounds like a fairly switched on old duck as well. Thanks for helping me nail my new user name PollyDolly.

Imperfect you think it is a good example of sheeple?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Pollyfama View Post
    Imperfect wouldn't ever think such a thing. To do so would mean applying labels, as well as indulging in egoism by believing his life philosophy is superior to others'.

Nobody said anxiety is a monster. But it is a very unpleasant collection of physical and mental processes. When one begins to alter these processes in a way that makes them feel better, it's not unreasonable at all to say that they've overcome them.

Just as a quote is nothing more than a container used to encapsulate all the words that come in it, so too ... it is that labels are somehow meant to do that same thing. The problem is that we humans spend far too much time searching for quick solutions to life long problems, that we fail to put into context the labels we attribute to our lived experience. We are too busy using others as scapegoats. So it is that we twit our way with a txting mentality into illusionary states of being. Haphazardly so. We continually kid ourselves by shaming and blaming others:

... and Yes ... we just did it with you. Matters little to me who started it. I care less for the accusations in terms of the labels attributed to me, other than what I can do with them and how I apply them to my own experiences. In doing so it's not about being better than anyone else ... it's more about making the effort the only way I know how to improve upon a shitty existence seemingly controlled by those those we label as elites. Like you ... I think I am ignoring them by speaking as if they do not exist. BOO!

In the end we would do best to drop our stories and unlearn all that we are taught as well as - embrace our fear. Then they will truly no longer exist.

... and Yes ... In forums like these, people are indicating that Anxiety is a monster by failing to deconstruct the label and see it for what it really is. Yes they want to improve - they want to stop suffering, but most of the cliche's and metaphors used are delivered as nothing more than excuses to paint a picture of anything other than one's own causes or core issues. Instead it's an image that their egos want them to see. Is it so with the image at the end of this post? ... Does the little girl have her ego in chains? Perhaps the Girl is the ego of the monster that really does not exist? I'm guessing it depends where each of us stands as to what we and how we see.

... and Yes ... I struggle with my ego daily. I'll grant you that. Clearly. ( ...anything else I need to know about? : )

It took a lot of respectfully challenging where in the end, you, I and the others are starting to unravel, the inner workings to what we are all trying to painfully say. Instead of using worn out terms like G-O-D ... these lose labels - that we so haphazardly define - Anxiety: Blue Pill or Red Pill? Stop ... stop ... HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!!! Anxiety arrrrrr.

It's also worth considering that the most effective long term changes, take place when we are not trying to 'control' and also when we learn to sit with discomfort so that we can embrace unpleasantness and in doing so it then becomes more pleasant ... this is what I mean about accepting and befriending anxiety. What we see these days is a herds of sheep looking for external bliss in an image of someone else's imagination; never stopping to think and feel for themselves. (I was going to say 'an image that does not exist' in fact I did ... but have now changed it because what we think and feel becomes real enough)

Instead we write about it like it's something to run from - like it's a bid bad monster that needs to be controlled. Something that should never be felt. So instead of BSing ourselves ... More time, thought and words are required than we currently care to give when it comes to tackling the core issues and we would do 'better' (another worn out label) expressing it from a personally perspective ... none of that 'The University of such such ...' Studies Now Indicate bla bla ba' 'Sign Up Here to be Cured ...' 'What Pills Can I Take To Stop Anxiety' and on and on with all that BS ...

That's all we here in places like this. Far better to be in a forum with a few that don't mind facing demons, rather than be with herds who thrive on ignoring core issues.

You keep quoting, you keep hitting out as long as you need. In the mean time we will each do what we need. Our reactions show more about us, than it does about those we claim to see.

This is how 'I' and thankfully now a 'few' others are coming to see ... anxiety. Accept the discomfort and don't try to control it ... learn to accept it for what it is. Writing like this is less a struggle - as it is to resist your definition of me. The more people write without acknowledgment to our friend anxiety and the more they play into haphazard terms ... them more I am at ease to express the way I do. Have a blissful day my friend. Just kidding ... but do go in peace. Before you go please accept this gift. A fishing rod for you. ok ok ... that's my ego. Just laughing at myself. I read something that just felt right ... that it's also good to laugh at our reflections. At any rate ... it's good to laugh.

Your most welcome to do the same with me or perhaps @ me ... I'm good either way:

I'm glad we are now all taking about that same thing.
    Last edited by Imperfect; 07-17-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PonderThe2nd View Post
    lol - because we are all like you.

Glad you overcame your symptoms. Anxiety is as natural as fear. Nothing to be overcome - just a label that sells really well and makes books sell.

I want to be sure those new to the site understand that ANXIETY is not the enemy or anything to be overcome and or cured. Symptoms and Causes ... Core issues ... well those we can do.

Don't mind me using a new nick ... just taking the opportunity to notch of another post so I can hit 25 and let it rip.

What have you been up to?

Hey Ponder! I do agree with you that anxiety is not a monster. Rather, since the symptoms of anxiety can be very unpleasant and debilitating, many of us tend to become afraid of anxiety sensations and symptoms and make them out to be some sort of monster that will attack them without them having any ability to defend themselves. I know because I used to behave this way. And what happened? Because I was afraid of anxiety, the fear response caused more stress hormones to be released, which just intensified my symptoms even more. It became a vicious cycle!

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I did not say that anxiety needed to be overcome. Because anxiety can be very healthy and necessary in situations where we are in true danger. It gives our bodies and minds that extra boost we need. We should never expect to be completely rid of anxiety or perceive all anxiety as being "bad" or "wrong". I said anxiety disorder can be overcome.

There is a big difference between anxiety and anxiety disorder. anxiety disorder occurs when we behave anxiously and too frequently. This causes the nervous system to become hyperstimulated and produce symptoms of stress. And these symptoms can come erraticly and involuntarily. For me, it was very bad brain fog, memory loss, difficulty speaking, concentrating, talking, fatigue, depersonalization, tingling I feet, and others.

Anxiety disorder can be overcome. I have seen many many people overcome it since I found the right help. Nobody needs to suffer needlessly. Anxiety disorder is completely correctable with the right help, information, and support. No one needs to suffer needlessly. No one.

You say "lol - because we are all like you." No, not at all! We are all unique individuals! What I am saying is that anxiety disorder can be corrected. It is not some sort of lifelong condition that once you get, you're stuck with, such as diabetes. Therefore, no one with this disorder needs to suffer needlessly. I want everyone to understand that they are not in some sort of hopeless situation where they will be trapped for the rest of their life. Because I once felt that way and I wanted to end my life because I didn't think life would be worth living if I had to endure all the symptoms I was experiencing.

Hope you are doing well.

Jordan
    Last edited by RoadToRecovery; 08-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.