Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Experiencing High Anxiety

I have suffered from panic and anxiety symptoms for about 9 years. Tonight I'm panicking, and experiencing sensations of high anxiety. Like I'm going to explode. And there's the belief that I can no longer trust anyone that I know. Any of my "friends and family"... None of them know me anymore, if they ever did. I absolutely detest my job. I have nothing keeping me wanting to stay where I am living. I want to leave and end up who knows where. It's time to finally start living out who I really am, in the world. And that's scary. I feel exceedingly lonely; yet I'm tired of compromising or concealing my true self in exchange for shallow companionship. I want to be authentic. I am angry and have anger issues, so I feel like I have to hide that in order to get along, to be accepted, especially in Christian circles.

Can anyone relate?

Multiple issues here in your post. Read them back to yourself.

Remember this, solving problems swiftly and decisively will eliminate much of your anxiety.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

Hi fettjango17
    Welcome. I found your post interesting. Who is the true person you are concealing? What are you angry over/Do you feel judged in those Christian circles? i hope you find peace soon. Searching for answers requires patience.

I agree with you Im-Suffering. what do you advise when the problem keeps recurring for years within a family, or rather a set of behaviours that contribute to your anxiety but you cant avoid because you are a parent? This is my case. Fettjango I can relate to needing to go somewhere, God knows where...perhaps you can take a break away, to try and get some perspective? If you do, try to come back with a plan of action of how to solve your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by barbimay View Post
    I agree with you Im-Suffering. what do you advise when the problem keeps recurring for years within a family, or rather a set of behaviours that contribute to your anxiety but you cant avoid because you are a parent? This is my case. Fettjango I can relate to needing to go somewhere, God knows where...perhaps you can take a break away, to try and get some perspective? If you do, try to come back with a plan of action of how to solve your issues.
    Theres always a way out.

Your solution might conflict with your ideas about reality, your life, etc. Another words conflicting beliefs.

The decision that's right (or wrong)for you passes through your judgment filter, there may be guilt, shame, fear, anger or any other uncomfortable emotions. Let them surface, don't run. Examine them.

This doesn't mean a problem has no resolution, you see.

Years of a problem turns to doubt, uncertainty, fear, and anxiety.

A set of behaviours, so to speak, are constructed from beliefs, and beliefs form the personality. Remember beliefs are not facts, you see, but ideas you formulated based on oftentimes erroneous judgment. Look back to childhood yourself, for understanding your behaviours and why you needed them at that time.
    Last edited by Im-Suffering; 01-21-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    "Each person alive helps paint the living picture of civilization as it exists at any given time. Be your own best artist. Your thoughts, feelings, and expectations are like the living brush strokes with which you paint your corner of lifes landscape. If you do your best in your own life, then you are helping to improve the quality of all life. Your thoughts mix and merge with others, to form man's living-scape, providing the vast mental elements from which physical events will be formed"

I do feel for you, I after dealing with my issues for so long finally realised its only me that can process and deal with this, but I manage with that for so long until I have had enough then unfortunately I have to resort to professional help, its funny how I hold down a full time job, but the secret is I find my job the best medicine ever, it gives me focus for 8 hours a day unlike anything else, I am worried about reaching out to the internet, it usually causes the most pain, but you can feel better you will unfortunately have to suffer for so long that you realise you are the only one that can help, but I assure you it will come, and you will feel better trust me

Yes, I actually understand many of the issues you brought up. Have you read Brene Brown? She is a vulnerability/shame researching and talks a lot about letting our true selves be seen and heard. I am also a writer and have recently written a ton on anxiety. If you go to A Page of Ones Own .com and search for "Anxious and Awake" and "Soul Work," I think you may find some useful ideas that I have discovered and also some validation.

Hang in there, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by kbh33 View Post
    Yes, I actually understand many of the issues you brought up. Have you read Brene Brown? She is a vulnerability/shame researching and talks a lot about letting our true selves be seen and heard. I am also a writer and have recently written a ton on anxiety. If you go to A Page of Ones Own .com and search for "Anxious and Awake" and "Soul Work," I think you may find some useful ideas that I have discovered and also some validation.

Hang in there, friend!
    Share your views and help here, I don't like withholding help by sanctioning books or views people need help now, otherwise don't comment