Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60

Unhappy Question from a scared newbie

Hi there,
    4 days ago i had an "attack". I was under a lot of stress for work and fighting with my husband. In the middle of an intense argument, I hyperventilated and had sharp tingling around my mouth and hands (had it once before) but this time, I also lost control of the right side of my mouth for 30 secs and couldn't speak. after couple min the attack passed however i was left with a numbness feeling on the right side of my face.

Today 4 days after, I still feel that my face is a bit off and when i speak, i feel like i am not moving the right side of my mouth properly and spoke at times a bit funny.
    i went to the hospital and had a CT scan and MRI/ MRA of my brain and all was fine and i am waiting to see a neurologist.

I don't know whether I had what one would call "panic attack" or whether I had some neurological disease. I would assume it was a panic attack as I was in the middle of an fight. But is this normal though to still have this numbness 4 days after? when it does go away. It cant be permanent can it? I have never been this scared in my life. Any insight would be helpful. thank you

Hi there,

I really can't answer your question, just wanted to welcome you to the forum
    Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. —Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish, Game of Thrones

This sounds like a panic attack, but in all honesty I have never experienced symptoms for days after one. You should definitely check in with a doctor to be safe. If you have any underlying health conditions, stress and panic as you experienced can make things worse.
    My Mental Health Blog - www.fixmybrokenmind.com