Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Depression Control

Hello my name is Forrest, I help people as a CBT therapist, and I hope you all don't mind but I like to share stories, about my patients, to tell you, that there is hope and help, I had the best session this morning, when my patient, was depressed and suicidal, we went into hypnosis, and regressed back to the time of the bad feeling, thoughts and pictures came up that haunted her so vividly, we were able to change the association to the thought, by giving her a different perspective on the picture, this in turn, changed her feeling, and therefore changed perspective. they say it takes an experience to make an experience, and is through my own battles of depression, that I was able to find myself.and do this work today. thank you for listening, Forrest

Good stories are always welcome to hear.

Forrest can you explain that a little better, shorter.. for me?

The connection between patient and counselor should be one of faith and secrecy so it is critically essential that you locate a health counselor or therapist with whom you feel happy. It is a fine thought to ask friends, family or a licensed doctor for a advice to assist you to locate a trustworthy mental Health Counselor.

I agree with Almalutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Almalutz View Post
    The connection between patient and counselor should be one of faith and secrecy so it is critically essential that you locate a health counselor or therapist with whom you feel happy. It is a fine thought to ask friends, family or a licensed doctor for a advice to assist you to locate a trustworthy mental Health Counselor.
    I agree with you.

Helpful thread.

Yea, really hopeful thread.

Forrest, I think it's great that you're able to help people by being a CBT therapist. It's very meaningful work that you do.

Yes, keep it up!