Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Is this panic attack or what?

Hi everyone,

I'm Saly, just joined today. There's something couldn't figure out about my situation
    I hope I can gain answers here.

Since young, I would randomly feel a weird feeling in my chest. Almost as if my lungs and hearts were freezing from the inside. Later, my chest starts hurting. It hurt so bad I can't move. I could only laid there and wait for the pain to go away. It happened quite frequently, so I started taking note of what caused the pain. I soon found out that the cold freeing feeling in my chest is the sign of pain. I told my parents about it, and we went for a medical checkup. I thought I could finally find out what's wrong with me but what the doctor told me was that there's nothing wrong with me. He can't explain why I felt the pain as well.

Growing up, I started research more and more about chest pain and those cold flashes I kept getting. Turns out, it was actually anxiety. At least, the symptoms of anxiety are what I'm feeling now.

Until here, I was clear. What I couldn't figure out is, my panic attacks.

When I'm in public, never once had them hit me. But when I'm alone, they came at me full force. I managed to stop myself from cutting; I used bitting as an alternative. Usually, the attacks went away wheb I bite hard enough for a period of time, but recently it's not the case. They grew stronger until I had to exhaust myself mentally to end the attacks (at least I first thought it ended since the attack is gone on the second day I woke up) However, as soon as I step into my room after class, they came back at me, almost as if they merely paused the attack last night and continue now.

Is this really panic attack? Or is it not?
    Not sure if this will help but I have borderline personality disorder too.

Saly

Hello Saly and welcome to the forum. It sounds like anxiety to me, but a physician would be the only one
    who could tell for sure.

If you know you have BPD, then I suppose you go to a therapist for that. Have you shared this with him/her?

Have no idea what it is but that sounds awful. I am sorry.