Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I being weak by not killing myself?

Everything about life is just a chore. I hate the thought of one day dealing with financial stress on top of emotional stress. I hate that I may never be able to get to the people in the world across the ocean who care about me. I feel barely on the edge of not dying.
    Should I just push myself over? Am I being weak for not killing myself when things are bad? Maybe I need to be stronger and end me.

no, you're not being weak. if you're thinking about suicide you're suffering a lot. you're hurting. weak/strong has nothing to do with any of it. it's okay to have the feelings you're having. many of us think about suicide when we're in crisis. some people who are deep in crisis go through with an attempt (successful or not). some who are deep in crisis just think about suicide. it's called "feeling suicidal".

i'm sorry you're in crisis. i hope tomorrow is better for you, at least some. is there someone you can talk to about how you feel? that can help a lot.

post again and let us know how you are doing. we are here. we know what you're going through because we go through it too.

In the uk we have 'the samaritans' for anyone feeling as low as you are. Contact the equivalent organisation where you are. As great as this forum might be, you need to look after yourself and get immediate help. You need help to be able to see the simple beauty in the world around you. It's right there in front and all around. Yes, there's a lot of sh1t too, but look beyond it or talk to someone to help you to. Hope you feel better soon.

I believe suicide is only justified in certain situations such as if you are suffering from some incurable painful disease.
    For example, my uncle had pancreatic cancer and was in a nursing home and he was really in pain and a vegetable.
    They should have pulled the plug and it was a horrible sight to see and one I will never forget. Their was a man named
    Jack Kevorkian who was a proponent and assisted in patient assisted suicide. He would have been the man for my uncle.
    Kevorkian got a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. He passed away in 2011 and was a pathologist by trade, I believe.

How are you doing Justaspekt?

Quote Originally Posted by Justaspekt View Post
    Everything about life is just a chore. I hate the thought of one day dealing with financial stress on top of emotional stress. I hate that I may never be able to get to the people in the world across the ocean who care about me. I feel barely on the edge of not dying.
    Should I just push myself over? Am I being weak for not killing myself when things are bad? Maybe I need to be stronger and end me.
    Have you sought help for this? Remember that you are not the only or first one feeling like this, and many have been cured. There's help out there you just need to be strong enough to seek it. Posting on this forum is one baby step towards the help you need. You are on the right path. Keep going!
    Last edited by Spider666; 02-01-2017 at 12:02 AM.

You are being STRONG by not killing yourself. You may be going through a hard time, but so are many other people. You are not alone. So many families are torn apart by suicide. Please think of the extra stress that is placed on the people who are close to you. There was a time when I was also having very suicidal thoughts, but I maintained. I found strength in the love of my relatives. To me the only thing worse than suicide is the burden that would be placed on my friends (despite drifting away from them), and my family who I love dearly. I may never succeed in life, but I will fight. The stress may kill me, but that is fine because I know I will try my hardest to be there for those what matter the most.

People care about you. I wish you luck in your struggle.

^True. A girl from my daughter's school (a year below, so about 14-15yo) killed herself at the start of Feburary I don't even live in the area, let alone know her, but I was upset about it.

The sad truth is, you don't really know how much people care about you until you're gone (or have a bad accident or something). People take things for granted a lot, including each other. It's just human nature. I lost my younger brother nearly 3 years ago - not to suicide but to accidental drug overdose - and I would give anything to have him back.

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Have you ever thought what if you suicided, the people who love you would be despressed and might have pessimistic thoughts??

Suicide may or may not end your pain. We don't know for certain what is on the other side. There is one thing that is guaranteed by suicide and that is the pain you'll impose on anyone who loves you or anyone. I tried for 10+ years to end my life and I can say for sure I am happy I didn't. When my friend killed himself, I got to see what it would have been like if I had done so.