Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Comoso View Post
    Dahila, I read some of your old posts. I'm an anxious person, I try to learn from people that have been there done that. It took just a little digging get to find out, you sometimes say you take 1 mg, sometimes say you take 0.5 klonopin. Plus, you've tried celexa and Lyrica. Please don't expect other sufferers to not try things to better their lives.

I don't get it. Opinion is opinion. My opinion is benzo is way more dangerous than ssri.
    Yes I was on meds too for years, but right now I am on the smallest dose and doing very well, I quit AD they do not work for me, I do not agree with ^^ opinion that sleeping pills work for 2 weeks. Without it I would not sleep for at least 30 years ;Heheeeee. One must try to get the idea about AD. My hubby was on Cymbalta it worked for him very well but he went off to recover his feelings. He was like a zombie, According to Panic_ I should be completely dumb, taking benzos whole my life. I think maybe I was a genius with 200 IQ if I am still functioning and carrying with my business. Comoso give a try to meditation. It is probably the best tool to calm down to cut down on panic attacks, 15 min a day will make such a difference you will have problem to believe it. New year, try something new, eating clean help too, provide enough nourishment for the body is helping too. Try to get use to you anxiety, accept it, and then help yourself. To take a pill is something our society does, for everything. Doctors want me to take 50 pills a day ) f**** them I am on minimum Good luck with your journey to health and happiness Comoso (very spanish)
    We can share our experiences but not many people go over the roof with advice like Panic. eh The place is full of awesome, helpful people, but we do not advice to use meds as a way of discovering the world. Once I went on forum about benzos and discovered that people actually use them like drugs, I do not think anyone does it here. Stay a moment and you will see how friendly and clean is this forum
    You asked about daily panics, There was a time when I had constant panic attack, like 24/7 and it was bad, then I started meditation, and I believe it saved me. I can be on minimal dose of meds for this reason. I still get panic attacks when ie my friend passed away, I had tough time, After terrorist attack in Berlin, i got one too. I am old woman, grandma and I really deal with anxiety for that long, it came from traumatic event in early childhood and my frequent staying in hospitals. As you see anxiety and panic attack will not kill you,
    Last edited by Dahila; 01-01-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Dahila, I meditate 10 to 15 minutes twice per day and have for a couple of years now. I was on zoloft and klonopin for about 1.5 years and then believed I was ready to be off and heal myself naturally. I meditated like crazy but I had lots of anxiety and panic. When this first hit me August of 2013, I was only given xanax for about 5 months. It was horrendous. I had that 24/7 panic for almost that entire time. Swallow .5 MG xanax, feel ok for 4 hours and huge panic exactly 4 hours later. The most I ever took was 1.5 mg per day. It was beyond awful.

I stayed med free for about 15 months but it got really bad and I went back on zoloft. It's not a cure, but it helps some. My pdoc wants me to take 1 mg of klonopin per day too, but Im trying to stick with the AD. if I could get everything under control, I'd eventually wean off the zoloft, but I probably weaned to early last time so I have that in mind. I don't at all feel my emotions blunted, if anything, I have WAY too many emotions. I don't experience many of the side effects people claim happen with zoloft. You're absolutely right, my tinnitus could be from anything.

Thanks for the information on your med history. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be taking nothing, but something is wrong that meditation alone can't seem to control so I'll try this for awhile. I have a wife and children and a mortgage. My job is stressful so I do what I have to do. I wish you peace.

Antidepressants triggered my tinnitus (and much much more) and in time (after the honeymoon period 6 to 12 months later) made me more susceptible to louds noises where my ears would noticable ring for days on end.

At any rate, analyzing each medication and blaming them as the cause to whatever symptoms then going on to recommend another is really just clutching at straws - a cop out really.

Meditation is only as effective as we allow it to be. It's clear what you need to address as you've just clearly identified; your wife, children, job and mortgage as impacting on your ability to function when not taking your meds. The answer seems clear and yes, many of us know this takes more than a desire to wanting to come off the medication. Not only is there no chemical solutions for lifestyle related problems, such measures only makes things worse. Medications just block the discomfort that comes from facing reality as we know it; however this is short lived and leaves us to logging into forums like these where we look to justify our symptoms by blaming one med and then recommending another. Thankfully we also have other subcategories. The taking of meds in itself is a habit forming behaviour and requires more than LOVE to want to come off. We just have to be real with what's staring us in the face.

The kids and the wife I do well in detaching from. That practice akin to meditation which takes quite an effort and often leads us to getting in our own way. No good blaming the practice. The drugs don't help when going from no emotions to too many emotion. The Job - Well that's your choice, just as is your mortgage. You can always sell the house and quit your job, or you could always lower your standard of living, change to another job and keep the house, or you could sell the house, keep your job and find your relationships improving with the wife and kids. My point is that well all choose the bed we lay in and not the circumstance to which many of us conveniently pull out of our hats when when confronted with our own shortcomings. Until we take ownership of ourselves and stop blaming it on that which typically owns us; then I guess we'll continue logging into forums such as these only blame this and that medication for this and that reaction then going on to justify to others why it is that continue to take this or that med.

I hope that's not too weird? Please feel free to ask me directly if there is something you don't understand.

All the best with your Wife, Kids, Job and Mortgage + whatever pill.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-01-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Ponder, how about when you love your wife, kids, mortgage and job. I have literally my dream life and I lived it for 15 years panic free. Then one summer I had a health scare and I've been stuck in the anxiety loop ever since then. I want my life back, I don't want to give in and let this bull take things from me. Surely that's not what you're suggesting? "The kids and the wife I do well in detaching from" seriously? Let me put it this way, I could have 24/7 panic for 50 years and I wouldn't detach from my loved ones. That is insane.

You've traveled this road before me. You took pills, admittedly. I'm confused why you want to be hostile towards someone looking for their answers.
    Last edited by Comoso; 01-01-2017 at 03:18 PM.

I don't beleive I am being hostile; just misunderstood. No one's fault, no drama. Bit busy in between things atm but will come back and further explain when time permits.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I sincerely hope I'm misunderstanding. I wish you well.

Righto - was just watching Travelers on Netflix and grabbing a drink when I last checked.

It might not seem like it, but I am trying to help. All I'm trying to say is that the only one that can take from us is ourselves; not the bull. So instead of giving into what we think is the bull - yes; I would say - giving in - to "ourselves" is the way to go about it.

Having a dream life is not a life, it's a dream. You still have your wife, kids, house and a job, yet list them as past and parcel of your anxietyand reason that's why you're taking meds.
    "...Thanks for the information on your med history. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be taking nothing, but something is wrong that meditation alone can't seem to control so I'll try this for awhile. I have a wife and children and a mortgage. My job is stressful so I do what I have to do."

My suggestion on "Detachment" has nothing to do with giving them up. It's clear in your statement that taking medication is not something you love, that in fact - you would "LOVE LOVE LOVE" not to be on them.

My response was in regards to that. Nothing more, nothing less.

What is this bull your are referring to? It is the source of your problems as you have listed or the medications that you take so you can live with them. Is not easy facing the truth, whatever that be, but I do know that taking medication mostly helps us in avoiding core issues. We really should not be on such medication for years at a time. (this I know is very challenging for many people [I am not being hostile] generally speaking I feel it needs to be said) If you want to come off them and take back what you have claimed you of lost, then that's great. You've already done great job at identifying your problems. Now may be the time to take the next step. Which is why I was pretested a fresh point of view and challenged your perspective.

I've been careful not to personally attack you and speak in general terms. I think that is clear to others that read on and are not so subjective, however those that identify strongly with their medications and rely greatly on them will often take likewise challenging views; as less than welcome.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-01-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Comoso Ponder is also a veteran of anxiety wars. Ask me how many times I tried to go of this planet.
    I am on meds but on very small dose, I was on huge ones. I think a lot of that has to do with being older. I still remember every day struggling, It still is, I use a world of distraction. Many hobbies, books, drink herbal extracts,
    It is tough, my anxiety is a bit down from the moment I was laid off and decided to do my thing. Still anxious every week but not to the extend I was when I were working.
    We do understand you even you think we do not. All members here are dealing with it, otherwise they would not be here
    I was never able to go off all meds, and will not risk it, so the idea that I am condemning medication is not the right one. There are situation that you need to be on something, to function. I do understand it better than most people, suffering with insomnia from elementary school. I know it is caused by anxiety....
    I did not like it the direction you guys were heading talking about meds. We have children here, I am not kidding so many 13,14-18 years old come here, we must be careful, not to give them stupid ideas. Comoso it seems that meditation is kind of difficult for you. It suppose to be easy and restful. You body and soul needs rest, the mind needs peace and quiet, at least for few minutes a day. Do what you do, welcome anxiety with open arms, it will lose the power over you.......... you are young, you can do a lot)
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by Comoso View Post
    This seems to be a very weird place...
    OH GOD LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL

Here's the thing.. This place has no moderators so it's like this abandoned warehouse full of neurotic misfits.

Have you seen The Hateful 8 by Quentin Tarantino by any chance? I'm like Samuel L. Jackson in that
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    OH GOD LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL

Here's the thing.. This place has no moderators so it's like this abandoned warehouse full of neurotic misfits.
    LMAO - As one miss fit to another and in the familiar words of yet another, I must say ... "I Agree 100%"
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-01-2017 at 07:23 PM.