Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hi everyone, new to the forum, struggling with depresion/anxiety/addiction

Hi hows everyone doing? I'm a 29yo male. My mental health has been getting worse and worse, and I think it may be affecting my physical health now. I've had anxiety for pretty much my whole entire life, mainly social anxiety.

My dad also suffered really badly with anxiety and alcoholism. He was adopted so Im not too sure of any other health problems from his side of the family, all I know is that his biological mother suffers from dementia. My dad passed away a couple years ago from lung camcer, after that my anxiety has gotten much worse and have been depressed and suffering from addiction to painkillers. It was a very stressful and difficult time for me and things got real messy and stressful and I couldn't really handle it. Instead of talking to people about it, wich wasnt gonna happen especially with my social anxiety I turned to painkillers and got addicted unfortunately.

I have been to many therapists, tried being hypnotized, tried a couple anxiety meds but nothing has helped, its very frustrating. My anxiety got so bad I couldn't even go into work anymore, I almost had a panic attack just trying to pull into the parking lot.

Since I wasn't working anymore I decided to get clean and deal with the withdrawals from the opiates. It was 2 weeks of hell but it was worth it. I was feeling good and wanted to start living a much healthier and positive lifestyle. I was clean for 2 months, but since I was self medicating to deal with the anxiety and depression, without the painkillers my anxiety and depression got much much worse.

Now Im back using again and worry that Im gonna end up dead if I keep living like this. I have been working on it and have been cutting down my dose to ween myself off again. I have trouble sleeping, can't really fall asleep, and if I do I don't stay asleep for long at all. I always wake up in a panic and can barely breathe, I just can't get any full breathes, this really scares me a lot. I worry I'm gonna have a panic attack and no one will find me until its too late. Also I have very bad stomach problems too. I'm constipated every day, when I do have a bowel movement its very painful and bloody diarrhea, even if I just fart on the toilet lots of blood comes out.

With all of these physical problems Im very scared for my well being. And unfortunately since I'm out of work now I don't have insurance and can't afford to go to a doctor to get all these problems checked out. I just want to live a normal healthy life, thats all I'm trying to do but I feel the more I try to get healthier and get my life together I just get much much worse. Its very hard to deal with, feeling very depressed and defeated.

I just don't know what to do or who to turn to. I would love any feedback or support from people who've been in similar situations. Sorry for such a long rambling post, this has been bottled up for a very long time. Thanks so much for reading this, I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing from some of you.

Thanks
    -B

Hi and welcome

Why do you think you'll end up dead?
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Just letting you know that I replied to your duplicate post in here:
    http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...ake-it-anymore!

as follows:

Welcome to the forum. Srry for your pain. I'm a deep winded person myself so have no issues with long posts. I say keep them coming as I find lengthy self reflection often helps. The only person any of us need convince is ourselves. Having said that though, I am sure you will find many people of like minds willing to swap and share there experiences. Sometimes it just takes a little time. I can tell you that your not alone.

I myself have suffered many illnesses from extreme anxiety, the medications that I have used for it and other side affects such as obesity leading into even more problematic health conditions. Constipation is quite common these days, as too the bleeding and bouts of painful movements. I suffered that over two years now and the bulk billing doctors I have seen have down fuck all to help me. In fact I have only ever gotten worse following the doctors advice when it comes to my health. The only time medical intervention has saved me, was when I was in critical condition. When you don't have a job, money or insurance - you soon learn relying on the health system only make one's health worse. As for your issue on constipation and your further description, I would so research "Anal Fissure" "Common causes of anal fissure" You will get all kinds of snake oil sales pitches like one does for a multitude of modern day illnesses. Research the leading cause and work on changing your life style. If you do have an anaul fissure, it will surely assist in motivating you to make some serious lifestyle changes. Long Lasting Ones.

Anyways ... I recommend one more thing. I found this following book quite helpful in helping me to move in and or understand more about the process of recovery. I know of many books but think this one may be a good place for you to start: I just link the post I previously made: Listen for the part about creating new positive experiences ... seeking to find doing things that we like - within our means that do not require others or money. At the very least doing things within our means that make us discover just how special we already are and have always been:

The Proactive Twelve Steps: For Mindful Recovery -

I hope some of that helps. Your welcome to PM if you wish.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Hi there, Dude, I'm a 37year old male and have many a mental problem. I will start with saying things can and hopefully will get better and I know as a man like yourself with mental issues it is hard to believe to start with. It took me years of drug addiction to finally realise there is light at the end of the tunnel and as I well know our brains will stop us from seeing that light but please believe me there is one there. Everyone has their own advice and you have made a good start by coming here and asking. I hope what I say can help and dont hesitate to ask me more

Anxiety is going to be the bigger problem nowaday's fast life..!. There are many anti-biotics available in market to cure this..But it's mostly costly and causes side effects!!..But there is a solution for it!!.. Researchers found that there are many components in CBD products which helps person to improve from anxiety..!..You can found more information about CBD Tinctures.jpg!...