Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meditation

Meditation

Hey guys, hope you're all having a good day! I started recently and haven't noticed anything too crazy yet for myself but was wondering if there were anyone that has done it long term?

Hey Lemonspark,

It can be a great way to not only relax, but also understand the mind and yourself better. Once you realize thoughts and feelings are projections on to your consciousness, you're able to pick and choose only what serves you best in any particular moment. It's a far better way to live than feeling completely lost inside thought and your story.

Which type of meditation are you doing?

I've bumped this cool thread that Dahila started. You can find it here: http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...ght=Meditation

I've been meditating about 5 years now, and I noticed the BIGGEST change in the first 8 weeks. I found that before I began any sort of meditation practice that I was frustrated a lot of the time and anxious too. After about 7 weeks of meditating every day I noticed a lot of my problems just simply went away. At that point I made a conscious effort to meditate every day for the rest of my life.

I miss some days sometimes, but I always notice when I do. I feel more irritated and stressed.

i do mindfulness meditation everyday and have done it for about half a year now,really helps with anxiety as you can do it anywhere.

I'm making a conscious effort once again.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    I'm making a conscious effort once again.
    I am too actually. Seeing this thread gave me a reason to start meditating again. Thanks all! It really does work

Do you listen to music while meditating?

Meditation is great way to relive stress.

Yes richard, meditation is great way to relive stress. Also improves concentration and healthy lifestyle.

Meditation works great. I found yoga is really good but i never seem to stick with it but always go back after a while