Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

New member with agrophobia.

Hello i am new here, i have had agrophobia for about ten years, it crept on slowly i i did not know i was agrophobic at first. I CAN ONLY GO OUT WITH MY HUSBAND IN HIS CAR AND ONLY TO PLACES THAT I KNOW WELL SUCH AS MY DAUGHTERS. It gets very lonely being in the house most of the time i would like to speak with others like myself.

Hi and welcome. Agoraphobia crept up on me a little over a year ago. At first, I couldn't even have family visit my home without having a panic attack and I couldn't go more than a few feet outside my door, so I get what you mean about being lonely. Recovery seems like an excruciatingly slow process, but I see (and am excited by) the small daily improvements. Are you doing any kind of therapy or other things to help?

Welcome! I wish you luck with your recovery.

Hi mermaid and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I hadn't dealings with agoraphobia myself back in 08 and it lasted probably about a year. Only time I could ever do anything outside of my comfort zone was when I was with my parents! I know it seems like there's no hope but trust me there is! I have not been agoraphobic since the end of 08 thankfully. Ever need someone to talk to I'm just a message away and I CAN relate. Welcome to he forums.

My sister had agoraphobia when she was in her late teens and did not leave the house for an entire year. She had panic attacks daily. My parents should have got her
    help, but eventually she came out of it on her own for some unknown reason. She is 56 now, and it has never come back.

By the way, welcome to the forum and I hope you feel better soon.

Thông tin khá bổ *ch, mong mọi người sẽ đóng góp nhiều hơn thông tin dạng như thế n*y để forum thêm phần đa dạng.

You need proper medications