Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kirk's corner

I am working on that too! Best to you, Kirk, for 2017!

Thank you very much Anne, it is appreciated and of course always the best for you also in 2017!

I have read 2 books that can help with various forms of worry and anxiety. They are Worry, by Edward Hallowell and How to Stay Sane by Philippa Perry.

Had an EGD and colonoscopy earlier today and it is always the best sleep I ever get. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago, but when I told him
    that I sometimes get red blood on the toilet tissue, he ordered another colonoscopy. I also asked for an EGD as I get nauseous sometimes,
    and he did that also. He said many physicians sometimes don't want to do both at the same time as the insurance only reimburses for half
    for the EGD, but 100% for the colonoscopy. I had a benign polyp removed from my stomach, had hemorrhoids and diverticulosos. I was glad it was
    over as it felt like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I forget to mention that my GI physician asked me right before the procedure if I wanted to participate in a study about Barretts
    Esophagus, even though I don't have it. So right before the EGD, he pulls out a paper on a clipboard for me to sign. I had the pulse
    monitor on my right pointer figure, so when I tried to sign, I couldn't, so he took it off my finger so I could sign the form. My GI
    physician has always been nice to me, so if I could help him out I would. Anyway, I think they may have taped the whole EGD
    procedure, but I did not ask and don't really care anyway.

I was shopping at Barnes and Noble the other evening when a book caught my eye. It is called; get your sh*t together, how to stop worrying about what you should do so you can finish what you need to do and start doing what you want to do (a no f*ucks given guide) I don't ordinarily read books, but this one appears worth the read.
    Last edited by Kirk; 02-21-2017 at 08:24 PM.

One part of the book talks about how fear and procrastination can be your worst enemy and pull you down, which I agree with.

I usually go to a book store once or twice a week as its right next to a dunkin' donuts I like to walk to, even though I never buy a book. I like to sometimes bring my laptop and use the WIFI and enjoy the peaceful and quiet atmosphere there. Next time go I'll see if I can find the book. I just found the introduction on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/hachetteaudio...r-sarah-knight