Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Surviving the Narcissistic Parent: ACoNs (Adult Children of Narcissists)

Surviving the Narcissistic Parent: ACoNs (Adult Children of Narcissists)

I think this applies to both Mother & Father ... although written with She. Certainly fits the bill for my mother. That's for sure.

I also think this information also applies to most "well to do" families that are like many of us, living in denial.

None the less ... very relevant to the by product often found in here.

Give it a good read ... you might well find your situation covered to a large extent within this article.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-25-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Man that's an intensive read ... and I have to admit I have not read it all. Very close to home for me ... which is why my wife lead me to it. Hmmmm - Is very hard to face up to these kind of things. I try my best not to make things personal and have to admit, the more I understand how we are sick as a species in general with the way our world is and where it's going ... it's not so hard to forgive. None the less ... I see no reason to open back up old wound be letting those sick people back into my life. Took me long enough to stop allowing them to control me the way they did.

Anyways ... I guess I should make more of an effort to work through the above link. See what happens. I hope others get some kind of insight from it as I hope for myself.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/