Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Graphic design

Graphic design

This is tangentially related to my other posts. I've recently started a graphic web design degree at a university near to where I live. I feel pretty optimistic about it. But I am new to it as well. If anyone is in that field or is studying it I'd love to connect or discuss it here!

I've been in graphic design for about 30 years, but I am an Art Director in the print industry. I can report that a decent living can be made in the graphic design field if you're willing to work your way up over time. I don't have anything to do with web design. Good luck to you on your degree and future job prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by The Intolerable Kid View Post
    I've been in graphic design for about 30 years, but I am an Art Director in the print industry. I can report that a decent living can be made in the graphic design field if you're willing to work your way up over time. I don't have anything to do with web design. Good luck to you on your degree and future job prospects.
    That's pretty interesting. No, I won't be studying web design either. I can tell that it's not for me. I have been taking online tutorials as well, but since I don't have certain programs I can only watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu View Post
    That's pretty interesting. No, I won't be studying web design either. I can tell that it's not for me. I have been taking online tutorials as well, but since I don't have certain programs I can only watch.
    Try gimp. its opensource you don't have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by mindful View Post
    Try gimp. its opensource you don't have to pay
    Okay, I'll look into it. It was one of the programs suggested.

I have taken 2 classes and did great in both but have to drop out of school anyway which makes it really hard to do so. I'm pretty down. I thought I'd found my calling. I guess not. Yet another failure. :'(