Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Enough of social anxiety

Hello everyone,

i'm new to forum,actually started searching things about anxiety yesterday and came to this forum,well i've known for a long time i'm worried beyond limits and worry/whine much more than other people i know,but now i really feel i need to do something serious about it,cause it's already ruining my life and as i'm engaged and have wedding soon,i'm affraid if this doesn't stop i'll have some serious problems with everyone in family,with friends or in social life.

First of all i'm so anxious about the wedding,being in the center of attention,people looking at me it just makes me want to cancel it all constantly worring about what people think about anything i do,never am comfortable around people, comparing myself to other and what they have done that i do not have done,thinking if they are judging me,if my parents are dissapointed with me;what new family members think of me,and i'm so awkward around them it's almost funny. When i try to think normaly and not look at life as something i have to be afraid of,i realize everything's not that bad,i'm not that bad,but oooh the anxiety,it ruins it all.

I really think,talking about it to strangers might help me,also consider visiting phsycologist,but don't know if i will be able to talk openly. Have never talkedabout it to friend,parents or anyone,cause they won't understand,have had multiple bursts but my mom have just always been too busy,so i had to deal with it myself and still am,that's how it'ssupposed to be i guess,only genuine help you are gonna get is from yourself and i want to help me,as i want to be able to live happily and optimistically.

Thanks for reading my thoughts

Welcome home Anna!!

What youre describing sounds like Social Anxiety, you should go to a therapist bc if
    the anxiety is really strong, then you will probably get a panickm attack at your wedding.
    I dont want to make you scared of it, just warning what posibly could happen.
    I would check that and maybe the therapist gives you some meds

Marc
    Stay strong there's nothing wrong.

yeah i know,i'll be freaking awkward at my wedding hopefully will do something about it

Hi and welcome. A psychologist sounds like a great step, and a good one will help you move beyond your fear of talking to him/her.

Your wedding day is your day, one to be enjoyed. Have you considered ways to ease the stress/anxiety of it? Like making sure your fiance knows not to leave your side when people approach, if having him nearby helps. If you don't want to be the center of attention on stage, I've heard of people having private ceremonies and then inviting everyone to the reception. By the way, congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!! It is a very happy time in your life and you will
    enjoy it. Talking to a psychologist sounds like a good idea and don't be afraid to open up to them as that is their
    job to help you.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Just wanted to mention this - try to find a psychologist who specializes in anxiety, or even better, has been through an anxiety disorder themselves and has successfully recovered from it. They often make the best therapists, as they truly understand what it takes to get through it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Just wanted to mention this - try to find a psychologist who specializes in anxiety, or even better, has been through an anxiety disorder themselves and has successfully recovered from it. They often make the best therapists, as they truly understand what it takes to get through it.
    topic rất hữu Ã*ch. lÃ*m má»›i để bay cao nhé

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Just wanted to mention this - try to find a psychologist who specializes in anxiety, or even better, has been through an anxiety disorder themselves and has successfully recovered from it. They often make the best therapists, as they truly understand what it takes to get through it.
    We got plenty of those in here.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Hi Anna first of all congratulations!!I know that weddings can be pretty scary.What you have is Social anxiety and you have already been given a lot good advice here and I would just be echoing the same.Relax and take a deep breath.Your Wedding day is meant to be special and that is the day you and your fiance are going to remember for the rest of your lives.It really doesn't matter what other people think of you.Everybody in this world are made differently.Be proud of who you are and hold your head high.You don't need to have a lot of people in your life.Just make a few friends who will be there for you and defend you no matter what happens.You could make your wedding a private ceremony and invite your friends for the reception later on.Be brave and think positive thoughts on your big day. I hope this helped a little.

Quote Originally Posted by anna1122 View Post
    Hello everyone,

i'm new to forum,actually started searching things about anxiety yesterday and came to this forum,well i've known for a long time i'm worried beyond limits and worry/whine much more than other people i know,but now i really feel i need to do something serious about it,cause it's already ruining my life and as i'm engaged and have wedding soon,i'm affraid if this doesn't stop i'll have some serious problems with everyone in family,with friends or in social life.

First of all i'm so anxious about the wedding,being in the center of attention,people looking at me it just makes me want to cancel it all constantly worring about what people think about anything i do,never am comfortable around people, comparing myself to other and what they have done that i do not have done,thinking if they are judging me,if my parents are dissapointed with me;what new family members think of me,and i'm so awkward around them it's almost funny. When i try to think normaly and not look at life as something i have to be afraid of,i realize everything's not that bad,i'm not that bad,but oooh the anxiety,it ruins it all.

I really think,talking about it to strangers might help me,also consider visiting phsycologist,but don't know if i will be able to talk openly. Have never talkedabout it to friend,parents or anyone,cause they won't understand,have had multiple bursts but my mom have just always been too busy,so i had to deal with it myself and still am,that's how it'ssupposed to be i guess,only genuine help you are gonna get is from yourself and i want to help me,as i want to be able to live happily and optimistically.

Thanks for reading my thoughts
    You need to face your fears in order to overcome them. There are no shortcuts here. But it has to be done with baby steps. Like someone mentioned earlier here, panic attacks can occur if you reach too far too soon - it will be a shock to your system. You have to tread lightly and soon you'll realize that there is nothing to fear. The only way to grow as a person is to push the boundaries of your comfort zone. Another good tip when you feel anxiety coming on is to think about all the bad things in the world such as wars, refugees, famine, and the fact that we will all be dead and forgotten about pretty soon. Depressing, I know, but in comparison the anxiety seems almost laughable. I'm not trying to diminish what you feel, believe me, I've been there, and am still to a large extent, but I'm slowly figuring out a way out of it. Good luck!