Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks. I'll try to find a little time tonight to watch that video Thanks again!

When I'm on a clear state of mind like today, sure, I think anxiety is not that bad, nor being nervous, at least it shows you have feelings and are still alive.
    But when it comes to the stage where you can control it, and much less know how to cope with it, then it's the problem. I freak out more than I should and I think it's the worst.

I don't drink coffee but yes I indulge myself with some alcohol every now and then.

Is funny because part of the sentence you picked to point out actually says first "I'm tired of trying" Hence, yes I have a comfort zone, but I've tried to expland it with 0 results.
    Your idea of baby steps is actually in some way what I'm doing right now to cope with this traveling situation. Not on the aspect of research, if not more on the take action side.
    For example. I want to go to place "A" that is far away. But, since I dunno if I'm gonna make it and blow money on a trip I'll never end up going to (it has happened to me before even when anxiety wasnt a thing, i just got sick out of nowhere and couldn't make it) I thought, Ok, lets go to place B that is nearer and cheaper. And guess what, that happened last week, when I ended having once again the anxiety attack. And it was 48 hours of not sleeping and 4 days of feeling like sh*t. I can roll with it when it's momentary, but when it comes like that, for days how do you do?
    Also I'm aware that part of the problem is flying itself. Probably if I was travelling by car it would be less of a stressful situation. But i've been on aerplanes before, so once again, my anxiety is nonsense hahahah.

Thanks for listening

My anxiety was getting better, but then I had a mild crisis and suddenly became agoraphobic. For me, baby steps is as small as walking to the mailbox or hanging out in my neighbor's house for a few minutes. Actually, the latter was a huge step that I accomplished today. It felt like much more than a baby step, after not being able to be in their home for the last year because of anxiety. Can you break the steps down even smaller? Plan an overnight trip a few hours away or something like that. What part of the trip tends to cause anxiety, besides the flying? Before the smaller trip, try relaxing with meditation, visualization exercises, or simply breathing with instrumental music. Whatever gets you fully relaxed. Then imagine the trip...getting in the car, driving there, the things you'll do once you're there. If you feel anxiety building, slow down, focus on your breathing, and imagine smaller details of the trip instead of the bigger picture (like noticing all of your senses while carrying luggage into your hotel room -- that kind of small detail). Since you're relaxed, it will associate good things with your trip instead of the anxiety. It's not foolproof and you'd have to do it regularly for awhile, but it might help some.

I've had to work on the physical and mental before I could do any better. A psychologist, anxiety books/workbooks, and visualization/relaxation exercises for the mental. Exercising, more sleep, healthier foods, and some supplements for the physical. Anxiety tends to stem from both mental and physical imbalances.

When you say anxiety is nonsense, are you laughing at the ridiculousness of it or are you beating yourself up for not being able to overcome the "nonsense"?

As for the IBS, have you tried the more common recommendations, like probiotics, eliminating certain foods or rotating foods so you're not eating the same things every day, consuming more bone broth and gelatin, etc.?