Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Generalised Anxiety Disorder

Hello everyone I've been suffering with generalised anxiety disorder for a while. is there anybody who also suffers from this? I've been through some terrible times lately but things are starting to get better. I started blogging which has helped me a lot, I'm really enjoying it. What does everybody else do to cope with their anxiety?

I've never quite been given a label for my anxiety but I think I have a combination of gad and social anxiety. To cope with anxiety I avoid sugar and caffeine and try to eat healthily. I've found that listening to music and journaling is helpful at times too. Taking walks is something I enjoy as well and exercise is known to help with anxiety as well.
    Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn-Unknown

My official diagnosis is anxiety, with depression being secondary to the anxiety. Medication helps, eating healthy helps, exercise helps and doing for others gets the focus off myself.

Hi and welcome

I would say most people here have GAD. My official diagnosis from 1993 is "Major Depression" I think, but I definitely have GAD - more specifically Social Anxiety/Phobia - and probably something like Borderline Personality Disorder.

Blogging is a great idea. I kind of do that in the form of emailing my friend in Switzerland. I also take meds (SSRIs and benzos) and see a psychiatrist (who does a lot of "talk therapy"). The other thing that's made the biggest difference is avoiding alcohol (I'm a recovered alcoholic). Lots of other little things like listening to music, playing computer games, talking to people online..

Anyway, I hope you find it helpful here.

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi, me too. I try to practice Yoga and CBT

Welcome home GAD101!

Well i got it too and the things i do to cope with it, play videogames and listen music,
    is the only way to not think about anything but when i stop doing it, then it comes
    back inmediatly. It pisses me of tbh
    Stay strong there's nothing wrong.

Welcome to the forum! I was initially diagnosed with Panic Disorder, then told it`s GAD and possibly a bit of Hypocondria. I to try to keep my mind busy with work, video games, walks in nature etc....