Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    laughing out loud.
    I'm glad you bumped it!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Haha.. Hoka Hey!
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Bumping this up because my book recommendation keeps showing on the main page and I don't really recommend it anymore lol
    Hi gypsy

Im a quarter of the way through the recommended book you retracted and finding it interesting. Even if the remainder is shite I'll listen to it through.

The second half of the Tara Brach book is much better than the first half, especially the stuff she says about forgiving yourself and everyone around you. This is especially helpful for me being surroundD by 4500 men I dont really like

Hey BB

Oh I'm glad you ended up finding the Tara Brach one helpful. I'm surrounded by billions of men I don't really like

I just came here to post another article about courage by Gary Z McGee: https://fractalenlightenment.com/358...mbs-into-lions

Hi gypsy

i read the courage article you posted. Kinda Tara Brach using different words.

Am 70 percent through the Brain book and can see now why you trashed it. Ive so far learnt some scientific info but nothing practical which isnt obvious. A lot of triggers in it too which means you need to be in a good frame of mind to read it.

I'll finish it eventually hoping to learn something new in part 3

BB

Hi gypsy

Just finished listenimng to that book and yes, another good recommendation. Some parts caused my anxiety to spike but overall its inspiring.

All this neuroscientific stuff is new. It makes me realise how amazing Claire Weekes was to get it so right so ahead of her time.

What was the book that you recommended but got stolen in the post? something to do with acceptance I think

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bass View Post
    What was the book that you recommended but got stolen in the post? something to do with acceptance I think
    That wasn't me.. I get my books on iBooks and Kindle

There's the Ruby Wax books on mindfulness though. I've been reading fiction mostly so I have a few of those to recommend if you're interested.