Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: smooth jazz

Listening to smooth jazz doesn't calm me and make me happy because I don't like jazz music.

However, I find listening to certain soft rock songs to be therapeutic for me because I like that kind of music.

Mainer you will eventually grow up to like jazz
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I like classic rock, oldies and disco.

I like rap music and dance music.

But it's hard to relax to that kind of music.

I think jazz is quite alright. I really love the fusion of jazz and hip hop.

Dahila, I don't think I'll come to like smooth jazz, because if I were to come to like it, I would have by now already.

I don't like jazz either. I don't know if I'll ever like it, I find it boring. There seems to be something in it that I can't get. I like some jazz elements in some songs, and that's all. Recently I read On The Road by Jack Kerouac and it was such an amazing book, and the main characters are all crazy about jazz (and crazy in general) and I love them, so that made me question if I'm preoccupied and I should try to understand it better.

I like rock, punk and hip hop music. I like songs with a sense of psychedelia in them. I also love folk music, medieval, ambient... I hate opera and I like very few classical pieces in general.

If you type "music for anxiety" on youtube it will show you some music with "alpha", "beta", "theta" etc frequencies, they are frequencies of the signals of the brain, I don't know how they incorporate them into music, but these songs calm me down very much. Maybe it's not about the "frequencies", the songs are great for meditation, yoga etc.

If I ever tell people I like disco music they sometimes grimace.

I guess I'm a bit weird (well.. more than a bit lol)

I used to be a hard core country music fan, but that was back when country was really country, now its turned into something call "Bro Country" and it pure garbage and I've not even listened to it since I can hardly remember. Its a hick fest!

Now, I mostly listen to pop music (some R&B - some hip hop - yes even some cheesy bubble gum pop *blush*) even though that artists are a million years younger than myself and I could be their parent.

I guess I have a hard time putting a label on just what I enjoy these days because its mostly about that quality of the singing and music rather than a specific genre.

Not sure why, but I've always thought of smooth jazz as "Elevator Music", but maybe one day I'll give it another chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    If I ever tell people I like disco music they sometimes grimace.
    Oh I like disco music as well. I was lucky to get to see Donna Summer in concert before she passed away and she was amazing!!