Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    No problem, just trying to be cordial.

I've noticed paxil has reduced my libido a little, but besides that everything still works, even better in fact, I can last longer!

Quote Originally Posted by OSU2 View Post
    Are sexual side effects stronger immediately after dosage, then subside as the day goes on? Or was this just a random occurrence?
    Probably just a random event. It takes around 30 minutes for Zoloft to begin entering the bloodstream and plasma levels don't peak until 4.5 to 8 hours after dosing. However, when taken daily for more than a week plasma levels stabilize to a steady-state of around twice that from a single dose and then don't vary much across 24 hours.

For the ejaculation issue ask your doctor about supplementing Zoloft with up to 30mg/day of BusparŽ (buspirone) or 75 mg WellbutrinŽ (bupropion). Try the BusparŽ first as it can ease other SSRI side-effects and increase their effectiveness too. Tread cautiously with WellbutrinŽ as it can trigger anxiety in some. Anecdotally, the slow-release formulation is more effective for libido issues than the immediate-release.