Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The concierge physician concept is relatively new. You pay a fee of around $1500-$1750 per year and get email. text and cell phone access to your
    physician 7 days a week. It typically includes 12 visits per year, with home visits counting as 2 visits, although their are variations.

Even though our daughter is now 26 and lives with her boyfriend, we only pay $300 per year for her as she
    is under 30 and my wife and I pay $1,650 per year. i never feel rushed and each visit is at least 30 minutes and
    some have been an hour or so. I get an annual wellness check and it lasted 2 and a half hours or so. He also
    has the best bed side manner I have ever seen and I am on a first name basis with him. He is never aloof
    and talks to you like a friend. For me, it is money well spent.

Do you have any idea that OP maybe can not afford it, Most people here can not,
    Can not believe in this two posts above, We do not care how much you pay.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

No need to get upset Dahila. I am merely giving alternatives for him to choose from with all of the information he may need to proceed.
    Also, you do not know what people can and can't afford. I am entitled to also voice an opinion as this is not your forum. You are just a
    member like the rest of us, so take a pill if you need to relax and get a grip.

This is also an open discussion forum where ALL of us are here to get support and ALL of us are entitled to our opinions.
    Just because YOU don't like something or disagree, does not give you the right to smother someone else's viewpoint.

Kirk I am long time here and rich people do not use forum, they have treatments and therapy. Trust me on it, The rich ones would not ask on this forum how to get the doc to house. They will just do it. This is why I reacted but I am not upset , just you should be a bit more sensitive and tune up in our members. I may be wrong and maybe OP is very rich and can afford it.
    I still think 99% of our members have no means, to have it.
    I do not disagree with you Kirk, I stated that is difficult for most of us to pay for services, this is the main reason people look for help here.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hahahahahahahahaha

oh you guys
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Hahahahahahahahaha

oh you guys
    Am I nice or not????????????
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I'm with Anne on this one. Concentrating too much on the definition of your label is only making things worse. Buy working on what is really needed each day little by little, you will achieve more than what you expect of any medical intervention for your lifestyle related problems. You already claim that you have made gains from changing your lifestyle, however label those achievements as small. You have to remember that what led to your "issues" (I purposes not use medical labels as that seems to be what bound most people) took a long time. No one just pop's out with gene's and or predispositions turned on. They require a trigger in order to develop and for most of us that has taken years. Your are on the right track with lifestyle changes. Therefore whilst I have little faith in any kind of medical intervention, yet respect your desire to seek it out; I would recommend that you start aiming for your mail box or equivalent taking one step at a time. Seek out help from anyone you know when you feel ready to take a step beyond that so that they may be able to accompany you and your first medical visit outside your house. Don't worry, just because you walked out you house, no one will think you are cured ... I am sure they will have plenty of prescriptions on the ready as long as you able to keep coming back. Is how the system works.

Personally the only way I have been able to stem the tide of anxiety, social phobia, agoraphobia, paranoia, mania and whatever labels ... take your pick (...and I really REALLY DESPISE society.) Was to make lifestyle changes and let them sink in over the years. For me medication and medical intervention only dragged on my "issues" Rome was not built in a day - nor our issues. Allow yourself time.

In the mean time ... seek out the help you wish by working on graduated exposure towards the footpath that graces then entrance to your home. Anything less is just creating issues - defining the act of "The Perpetual Cycle."

Terribly sorry if this is yet another Debbie Downer for the resident MD.

Now about Medical Help @ Home ... that's another story. We are very lucky here in Australia ... but then that depends on how you look at it. In one way, we do not have to rely on rich parents paying our way; and thank **&K for that, because most of those boomers are always gallivanting overseas. Here in OZ - we have all kinds of medical assistance that's bulk-billed and or Government funded/approved. Disability Support, Home Care, Nursing Assist down to on call doctors/visiting GPs. The GPs get $200 per visits and boy do they break the speed limit when your able to catch them at the traffic lights. The quality of care with a home call doctor is rather questionable due to the racing around they are prone too ... this is the same for all those blue nurses that typically run over peoples cats and green bins. "Sorry Darl - CANT CHIT CHAT TODAY ... GOT TO RUN!!!" Broom BROOM ... onto the next one. It's part of that Perpetual Cycle you see. Once again ... just keep working on those lifestyle changes. Trust me ... you don't won't to rush into home care reliance anytime soon. The handing out the wrong prescriptions, doing wrong tests and so on is a regular thing with that bunch. Very much hit and miss. Alas - you also get what you pay for. In that regard, you better off living in someone else's "dream" ... where the parents go online and sprout how they pay for their kids quality care.

Fact is - that's not a realistic program ... nor is the one that requires people fork out a couple of grand a year ... that would equate to not much more than the welfare level of assistance one receives over here. (Very Questionable and one that is designed to keep you sick!) A franchise of sorts. Let's do please do keep this real. (Rolls Eyes)

So there you have it. From the Land of the Lucky - The Land of Plenty ...

Keep Working on those Life Style Changes - or at the very least, graduated exposure ... towards that front footpath

Good luck with whatever way you go.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-03-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore