Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I struggle with the term moral courage as it often leads to some form of judgement and rather than going back to school, I think we would do better to teach ourselves. Change the teachers, teaching methods and be rid of the term professionals. Whilst the young are impressionable I think the sickness is systemic on both fronts of age and gender ... and lastly ... peacemakers and healers come in all forms of pleasantries ... as they often bare the truth which sometime is not always so easy to read.

- David Kynaston - AKA Ponder AF

Despite my view I glean much from what you have posted. Note the call for peacemakers and healers; yet the call to fight. Tis a conflict & Irony - but I see it's intent is aimed in the same spirit one calls upon the courage to know the difference ... a spin that's helped many addicts. Many who thrive without the need to fit in - such a contrast to the constant profiling in order to compete, define and categorize. 24/7 & out of sync - is why such ideals require meds. la la la ...

The News and Media over here constantly threaten people with EARN OR LEARN! Otherwise they cut a persons ability to eat and breath. Not exactly "encouraging."

In that light ... those above quotes work well for me.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-30-2016 at 04:28 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Whether you like it or not, most people have to work to survive in this world. Although it may be difficult. you should try to maintain a positive attitude about work as it will make your life a lot easier. A certain member on this board attacks others when you don't agree with him. He is like the bully on the playground in school. It is best to ignore him, as much of what he says is gibberish and if you notice, he talks about himself quite a bit. After being in the business world for 38 years and having my own business for around 15 years, I can give you advice based on my experience and my experience working with others. Get advice from career and or job counselors. Ask for advice from people you know and trust. Be positive and always give it your best effort. Don't be too hard on yourself as none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. Try to network with others. Maybe join a group, Linked in, etc. Try to be social, as you can meet contacts that way. Remember, you can't quit and you can do it.

Just clarify my meaning on BS and spread more of the truth → Here (requires an open mind)

Other than that, I will offer my sincere apologies to Gypsy. You are extremely intelligent and I very much appreciate your tact. Basically despite not always being on the same page - (I will say mostly from my point of view) I respect you very much.

Thanks for your input Kirk ... Investing in the past will do little to uncover the truth. People do Not have to WORK to "get by" in this world. That is an utter lie. I don't just talk about myself - I stand by who I am, I make myself vulnerable and in doing so give meaning to what I share; that's is what I do. Something that those who think they are in control and have worked "so hard" do not like seeing others do. They cling to the past and unwilling to change.

It's all in the above vid.

I recommend the OP watch it too.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-30-2016 at 05:40 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Let me give you a little background about myself. I grew up pretty poor in Baltimore. My father had a crummy job and sometimes 2 jobs to make it for my sister, myself and my mother. My mother did not work as I believe she had some form of mental ilness.
    My father came here from Poland prior to WWII, with his father to Ellis Island. My father never graduated high school. Most of his family were victims in Europe and all passed during WWII. I grew up never going on vacation, never eating out, etc. We all played around the neighborhood. My father once told me, to not end up like him and to try to make something out of your life. I always had an excellent work ethic. I worked as that is what I was brought up to do. My wife is also a worker. We tried and have instllled that
    work ethic in our daughter and so far she is OK. I am sorry if I get on you Dave for some of the things you say, as they really make little to no sense to me. You are probably an OK person and I will make an effort to be more civil to you if you do the same to me.
    Last edited by Kirk; 10-30-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Gypsy, did you read my mind? Yes and yes to gypsy post. This is exactly what I wanted to post but without the beautiful sentences and words.
    Kirk is typical "american dream" however many people here think I do not have a stable and 'fulfilling" job..........Making tons of money that not what my work is about. It is about my passion and help I provide to people, Even I have business it does bring marginal profit.
    JObs to make you a better person, fulfilled , FREEEEEEEE OF ANXIETY, there are jobs like that. No jobs like that. My company merged with another American asshole, who have the money to buy everything, and laid off a few people, "non essential" stuff, I was stressed like hell, going to work. I could not sleep even one would say I had easy job. Daily jobs are the worst thing for us. We have to work to have money to pay for bills , F**** that.. I wonder if it is possible to live off the grid and awful system which will make you a slave............
    I think our KIrk should look closely what is happening with 'american dream' and who he is voting, poor guy he have not choice no influence on what is happening in his country. I am disgusted with all that......If I was you i would be nice to people and try the theories keep to yourself.

The OP can lead beautiful life without everyday job. The most important is his soul, his calm mind and his health. He is anxious and do not need a bunch of assholes to move him around in some menial job. Jobs , the good jobs are for people with connections.
    I came back to say that your last Post Kirk made, make sense and it is very good advice for OP. Let's focus on him not on us

Gypsy you are awesome, and it is difficult not to admire you, knowing your daily struggle
    Last edited by Dahila; 10-30-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It is very difficult, if not impossible to live not working a regular job. Things in the USA are expensive, unless you want to go on subsidies, which
    are not the best, so you may end up liking your life quite a bit less when compared to working.

I also realize I can edit posts, but I feel I can make my point better if I do multiple posts. I still don't agree with the notion of not working a job.
    In order to do the things you need to survive and thrive, you need money, no bones about it.

None of what is said goes to waste. The topic of finding a stress fee job is still at hand.

It is sad that we define a job as good or bad due to how much money it makes. Such a value system is projected upon both the working and those that do not. It's projected in every class/room. The first thing we do when greeting another, is ask “what do you do?” Money, Status, and all likewise investments – our accounts, savings and all our collections – Our profile, history, records are all kept and used to define and place a value upon our worth.

So it is that when people greet each other, no one is really interested in knowing who the other really is. People respond more like accountants defining who they be with a long list that looks more like a recite where in the end both parties end up with some kind of debt. This business of being is transacted under some kind of moral high ground that could not be further from the truth. Morality is as twisted as is this concept we call Work.

Yes – many people who do not work are prone to mental illness, (is it any wonder when we greet & judge the way we do?) truth be told, there are as many unstable people who grind the mill as there are that do not. Moral Ethics? intertwined in this system of judgement. We automatically think people to be ill simply because they are not working? It is how we are taught – educated – indoctrinated. “Get good grades now, otherwise you'll be found wanting.” Fear is embedded into us from an early age. The fact remains that no matter what job you get - “want” is the very quality that our society projects. It thrives on it like the food industries thrives on addicts and the health industry does on the sick.

HOWEVER – there is hope. - I am not a Debby Downer – (Hi Deb, hope this finds you well ) Let go of all that BS we have been taught, sold & fed. Redefine all those terms that only serve to place value on your self. The truth is, we live in an abundant world where the few ensure the rest are not fed, where they are restricted and bound ... where they are easily led. Research Scarcity. Alas … back to the hope. Learn to live on less!!!

Man ... that there really is the answer. Seriously - Just start by eating less. I know that sounds crazy - but what happens when you start doing that, is that your not allowing the system to poison who on a level where you have a choice. (That's the first empowering step you can take ... the first step towards you own freedom no matter where on the BS ladder one thinks he or she stands) Our world is so sick that our food is not food any more. That's not a conspiracy, that's a fact. Watching what you eat, will help the way you think. Changing the way you think will help you watch what you eat. NOW here is the real kicker - Those who don't " work" or have a J-O-B are limited to choice ... so we are led to believe! The latter being the keys to handcuffs that keep us believing limited beliefs.

Once you no longer care for the number of the rung, or some place higher on the ladder ... once you learn to settle for less, Fear no longer takes grips the way the system wants. However just as with their drugs ... there is a side affect when we start to awake ... others further up do not like such enlightenment - they will quickly glance your way and the judgements will come. Pay them no attention! Once you learn to live with yourself and realize we don't need anywhere near - all that crap we are taught we need - things fall into place and it becomes easier to breath. Life really is too short and the pain and suffering most of us endure is projected rather than some kind of natural thing. We don't NEED anything other than what already resides in ourselves. This whole focus on having to fit in, is as toxic as our degrading food. People naturally gravitate towards each other once they take up the practice of no longer eating the shit and allowing oneself to take on all that projected BS.

I have plenty of JOBs and give myself enough to do that is conducive to my health. I can think of no better contribution to this world. Yet I remain unemployed ... whilst pensioned off and whilst my scars run deep ... I choose to live as I do. That there is the difference. However I care less for the conundrum of determinism and or choice. I leave that to all the scholars and those that cling to their investments as they do. I do like to contemplate, yet that too can be full of *&^T

Happiness is overrated as too the pursuit of constant comfort. Nothing wrong in tending towards the path of least resistance. That's a natural state of being, however this ideal of pursuit as taught is designed to leave all in want no matter what J-O-Beeee or whatever place/Sate one finds themselves in. Alas there is HOPE ... learning to live on less will bring abundance no matter ones position. As this world currently is ... the less you take in, the less toxic you will be.

Living like so will ensure you will find those that count. You don't NEED anything more than what's already within. That goes for every human being.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-30-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    Gypsy, did you read my mind? Yes and yes to gypsy post. This is exactly what I wanted to post but without the beautiful sentences and words.
    Kirk is typical "american dream" however many people here think I do not have a stable and 'fulfilling" job..........Making tons of money that not what my work is about. It is about my passion and help I provide to people, Even I have business it does bring marginal profit.
    JObs to make you a better person, fulfilled , FREEEEEEEE OF ANXIETY, there are jobs like that. No jobs like that. My company merged with another American asshole, who have the money to buy everything, and laid off a few people, "non essential" stuff, I was stressed like hell, going to work. I could not sleep even one would say I had easy job. Daily jobs are the worst thing for us. We have to work to have money to pay for bills , F**** that.. I wonder if it is possible to live off the grid and awful system which will make you a slave............
    I think our KIrk should look closely what is happening with 'american dream' and who he is voting, poor guy he have not choice no influence on what is happening in his country. I am disgusted with all that......If I was you i would be nice to people and try the theories keep to yourself.

The OP can lead beautiful life without everyday job. The most important is his soul, his calm mind and his health. He is anxious and do not need a bunch of assholes to move him around in some menial job. Jobs , the good jobs are for people with connections.
    I came back to say that your last Post Kirk made, make sense and it is very good advice for OP. Let's focus on him not on us

Gypsy you are awesome, and it is difficult not to admire you, knowing your daily struggle
    Thanks Dahila

I'm lucky in that I get a pension (disability) but I have worked and I mean I was a "working girl". I made more money in an hour than many people make in a day. Everyone's some kind of whore under a capitalist/consumerist society unless you're the 1%. I used to work in Marketing (I have a degree in it) and the way the bosses treated me I felt like I may as well make ten times the amount by becoming the real deal.

I get that you need money to survive but we need to start thinking outside the square and stop being slaves for corporations. Stop getting into debt because that's how they own you. I don't even have a credit card or a phone plan. Finance companies hate me and refer to me as a "cash person". I bought my car with (actual) cash and pretty much own my house (which is tiny).

There are so many ways to think and live outside the box. You don't have to drop out of society and live like a feral either. Just be smart and don't get so worn down by it all that you adopt the slave mentality (which is the problem I see).

My neighbour works a "regular" job and apparently the finance companies are THROWING credit at him. The guy works a shitty job all week, comes home in his shitty car to his shitty house and drinks all weekend. It'd be pretty tempting to see $20K on your credit card and buy a shiny new car. Cars are pretty much the worst investment ever and are more of a liability than an asset on paper.. They lose value the second you drive out of the showroom. But I can see how a guy like my neighbour thinks "what the hell" and goes out on a Saturday and buys himself a nice new car. I almost bought a car on finance but they rejected me lol. Something like 75% of cars on the road are under finance.

The other thing I see is people spending money on useless crap. They work all week then let off steam by going to the mall and having "retail therapy" (this is more a female thing obviously). They buy clothes and shoes and stuff for their house that makes them feel good for around half an hour. Then it sits in their wardrobe until they need more space and throw it out. People love telling you how they saved $x on something and I think "you could have saved the whole lot if you didn't buy it in the first place."

Anyway, there are some examples of thinking outside the capitalist/consumerist box and how people get sucked into it. I haven't even mentioned the environment and how this system is completely unsustainable. So if we don't start thinking outside the box we'll be counting our money underwater (and the situation is way more dire than most realise).

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Here in Baltimore they have financing rates at less than 1%, so it would pay to finance and not pay cash as you have the use of cheap money.
    Each situation needs to be looked at differently as their can be many variables for any large purchase.