Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    No I do not mind, I am soapmaker and cosmetic crafter, I also make some art which I sell in huge market and online. Does not bring a lot of income but it helps me so much to deal with my anxiety..
    I am also a herbalist and grow my herbs then make extracts, salves, and a lot more)
    I finished fine art school in Europe so designing cool labels comes easy , and that is important
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Cool, seems like a pretty anxiety free job. Its nice you were able to find something you enjoy doing.

Hey, well your post generated a good discussion at least I believe these things generate "energy" so keep an eye out for opportunities.

I know it's really hard to make any money without being some kind of "corporate slave" and you might have to do that for a while. If I was pressed to get a "regular" job I'd definitely be looking at night shift stuff - most people don't want to do it or can't because of family, so it often pays more. I feel much more "at home" during the night though and can happily sleep during the day.

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

dontcarewhatusernameis, I have many passions, that one is just one of them. I stopped breeding dogs, after my beautiful female died on pancreas cancer. She was the top of my breeding program. Dogs and horses is my life long passion. Actually every dog is trainable and I am the one who know how to do it. Then I paint, not so much lately. the small business helps me with not only money but with the rest. I am pretty good in what I do, The only anxiety is when my lotion fail which happen when I am not careful, I am in such good shape that somehow I enjoy my days (Saturday) on market and selling it, My customer base grows with every Saturday )
    OP should look what he can do at the moment, even the smallest business brings not only money but incredible satisfaction
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I am also out of work. It wasn't anxiety related but I got laid off from my job in Feb 2015.

I have a very small business buying and reselling items online. I only get about 200-300 dollars a week but it keeps me occupied and provides a little bit of money. I have some investments that provide about 500 a month in income.

I am also thinking of driving for Uber again. I did it briefly last year. I found it wasn't that financially rewarding. But now I could use whatever extra money I can find.

It's strange, but 2 things I do find relaxing are driving and talking with people. I used to be embarressed about my PTSD but now I talk about it all the time, with just about everyone and I don't care what they think about me. I'd say 80% of the responses have been positive.

yes it is, I do the same, no hiding with anxiety anymore........... I found driving, without any goal is highly satisfying, I love driving, and driving calms me down.......probably beacuse my mind is occupied with it. Buying and selling as good as being a lawyer,
    No amount of money can erase the suffering cooperation spread on people, What young student suppose to do, they end up with a lot of loans, education and no jobs.............
    What is important; your calm mind, better health, enjoying life , cause we are here just a moment.
    I like you a lot, you are smart and nice person ) I hope OP will get something from this conversation. Money is only important to keep you alive, it does not give nothing beside the place to stay and paid bills and food. It has not value............beside that
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Hey, well your post generated a good discussion at least I believe these things generate "energy" so keep an eye out for opportunities.

I know it's really hard to make any money without being some kind of "corporate slave" and you might have to do that for a while. If I was pressed to get a "regular" job I'd definitely be looking at night shift stuff - most people don't want to do it or can't because of family, so it often pays more. I feel much more "at home" during the night though and can happily sleep during the day.

Ya I'm sort of the same way at night. Up until a few weeks ago I would often still be up at 5 am. I try to go to sleep by 2 am now but seem to slowing be falling asleep later and later. I feel more awake in the middle of the night then the middle of the day most of the time.

I don't think I'm going to actually try to get a job right now though after reading up more on the ticket to work and vocational rehabilitation programs. It seems to make more sense to use these services while they are available to me and try to get some kind of education or training so I could hopefully get a better job. I also think it will be an easier transition to training or school right now then getting an actual job. If I'm too anxious for the training then I would be to anxious to work.

I will try to set up an appointment tomorrow with VR to discuss my options but I am anxious just thinking about it (I hate using the phone). Unfortunately that means I usually just delay doing it but I have been breaking out of that pattern some lately so hopefully I can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    yes it is, I do the same, no hiding with anxiety anymore........... I found driving, without any goal is highly satisfying, I love driving, and driving calms me down.......probably beacuse my mind is occupied with it. Buying and selling as good as being a lawyer,
    No amount of money can erase the suffering cooperation spread on people, What young student suppose to do, they end up with a lot of loans, education and no jobs.............
    What is important; your calm mind, better health, enjoying life , cause we are here just a moment.
    I like you a lot, you are smart and nice person ) I hope OP will get something from this conversation. Money is only important to keep you alive, it does not give nothing beside the place to stay and paid bills and food. It has not value............beside that
    Driving actually makes me anxious. I didn't drive at all for a few years and it was extremely bad when I first started again but it has gotten much better now. Still mild anxiety about it though.

I am happy I joined this forum. I have actually occasional looked at anxiety and mental health forums for years but never signed up on one before now. Its nice to talk with people that understand what its like.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcarewhatusernameis View Post
    Ya I'm sort of the same way at night. Up until a few weeks ago I would often still be up at 5 am. I try to go to sleep by 2 am now but seem to slowing be falling asleep later and later. I feel more awake in the middle of the night then the middle of the day most of the time.

I don't think I'm going to actually try to get a job right now though after reading up more on the ticket to work and vocational rehabilitation programs. It seems to make more sense to use these services while they are available to me and try to get some kind of education or training so I could hopefully get a better job. I also think it will be an easier transition to training or school right now then getting an actual job. If I'm too anxious for the training then I would be to anxious to work.

I will try to set up an appointment tomorrow with VR to discuss my options but I am anxious just thinking about it (I hate using the phone). Unfortunately that means I usually just delay doing it but I have been breaking out of that pattern some lately so hopefully I can get it done.
    I hate using the phone too (and I've worked in Administration!) I really hope you can find something that actually means something to you - something you're interested in.

I'm glad you're happy you joined this forum It really does make a lot of difference being able to talk about anxiety without being judged.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

dontcarewhatusenameis This is good , you probably will feel not so alone when you read what we are dealing with. I am good at the moment but I can have panic attack which last whole day till I knock myself out with meds.......... Here is the place to talk what is bothering you, and get new friends too
    I know couple they met here and now they are married
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore