Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My anxiety is focused around choking on food or trouble swallowing in general. Weird huh? I only recently developed this problem about 3 months ago after I had a really bad breakup with gf of 8 years. I have recently found a natural-pathic doctor trained in Chinese medicine. Very good stuff, highly recommend. Also I have taken the time to study up on nutrition and meditation (self hypnosis more specifically).

A bad break up like you had can cause all kinds of stress. I am glad you are feeling better.

Dr

Doctors are very smart, trust me... They don't go to all that school for nothing.....

Today i had my app with my psychiatrist, she told me that she knows it is doctors fault to cause so many unnecessary side effects. She knows about prescribing too many pills, We had a conversation about anxiety attacking younger generation...........at least mine is smart, and she does not offer script all the time
    She asks me if I need the medication or do not.....
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Good for you taking the time to learn for yourself. Nutrition is something very lacking in today's medical field ... and for good reason; they like their patients to keep coming back.

Sounds to me your on a good track to self healing. Is very refreshing to read up on others looking into ways to heal themselves. That takes a lot of effort and also a lot of guts. Most people today that want to help themselves without the need for medical intervention are seen as outsiders ... seen as radical.

Welcome to the club of radicals D is also nuts. hehehe Just kidding D.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not kidding I Am nuts!!! crazy
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

psych

Psychiatrists are doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by kkleco View Post
    Psychiatrists are doctors.
    They just deal with chemicals. They too are as much a puppet as your average GP. Those on the front line that make any kind of tangible difference are the therapists that help people deal with the core issues. Your average therapist should be allocated more power than your average white coat. Although they themselves are part of the revolving door/self perpetuating system, they tend to be in a better position to know the client much better than some turkey with invested interested and egos to match thier PHDs.

Doctor ...Pfft...Is like a phrase that people ware like a badge? A rather plasticy looking badge by today’s standard. Overrated and most certainly does not carry the respect it once did. Those days are long gone!

Trust me - I have a PHD in this field myself and so does D!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

??????????????????????
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are cyborgs )
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore