Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    D.. it is not personal attack I do assure you, I know it is easy to think like that but for me it was happening on IE in workplace, and I thought maybe it is restricted, but no it was not . It is something with server on which is our forum
    I was using FF from v 12 and I am so frigging dissapointed now. I really do not like chrome. Opera was good years ago now it is slow like hell
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

- I know what you mean. I agree. Is just how our minds sometimes think. Is what ever it is. Linux is Good Never had anything problems like so when logged in it.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I had Ubuntu but somehow I always avoided to learn it, I am kind of worry that maybe linux is too difficult for me. What do you think D?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Absolutely NOT. Now I know that statement can be subjective and totally respect that, as someone with his own learning difficulties ... BUT seriously Linux is much MUCH easier to navigate, install and use programs than all those years ago before Ubuntu. I highly recommend MINT Linux. There are tons of Youtube videos that show you can install along side your windows operating system. Just search How To Dual Boot Linux on Your PC.

Here is a link that explains it well enough. Despite the Windows being Win7 ... the process is pretty much the same. If you have ever heard of Windows Disk Manger and know how to get to it (win Key + X) then you will have no probs following a guide on how to shrink your windows drive in order to create a separate partition in order to install Linux for a dual boot.

If your interested ... I will seek out the appropriate Tutorial Vids & Web Pages. I will make is a separate post so that while you are installing onto the new partition (during the restart process) you can access the tutorials.

I know you are knowledgeable enough to follow that turorials in order to have a Multi Boot option. That will give you the best of both worlds ... Windows for your usual programs ... and LINUX for trouble free and much safer internet surfing. Great for shopping, personal information and a goto when windows browsers start #*&^ing up!!!

Leave it with me ... I talk more later. Would you be interested in a thread solely dedicated on HOW TO DUAL BOOT LINUX with Windows already installed??? I can add a few links of best Distros for beginners, however I highly recommend Linux Mint myself. It has a similar feel to windows in many respects.

Auto Updates - Desktop Management - easy explorer - power management - driver config and la la la ... right click menus and searchable data base to help you find things deeply embedded. You don't have to use the command promts any where near what was required in the past, however if and when needed ... YOUTUBE has it all there to show people step by step!

The availability of FREE software and the quality of it these days is unreal ... I still use windows most of the time for my media work, but I will never be without my LINUX Multi Boot ... it's simply to useful and I am still often logging into it to use office and surf the web uninterrupted. A lot less BS malware adds popping up ... no need to run virus scans and bla bla bla. It's a great place to search for torrent links wihtout copping a virus ... I end up getting the links sending them via email whilst in Linux ... I go back inot windows and then recieve the emials and open up my torrent program and bobs your uncle. I have all the links I need with next to no risk. If I did all that in windows and lucky enough to escape not getting a virus ... I would for sure at least have clogged up my cookies with a tone of BS ... you know how that works. Does not happen when I go into Linux to search for the hard to get stuff. Much snappier surfing as well.

Anyways the list of reasons to have a Linux Multi Boot is quite long ... I have some games that run much quicker on my laptop when I play them in Linux .. but that' s another story. Oh yea ... Steam on Linux runs pretty damn well. I know that may not interest you .. but I know it would others. There is quite a selection these days as well. No need for the old school wine install ... especially when you have a windows mutliboot option.

We catch up soon enough ... I feel like going for a run My keyboard also arrived ... Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

You interested in the details on HOW TO setup Dual Boot?

To simplify -

• Create partition in Windows Disk Manager through shrinking the Windows Partition - (I will link step by step guide that will explain what kind of partition you need)
    • Guide on selecting Linux Distro for beginner ( I highly recommend Linux Mint [has a "windows" feel])
    • Where to source the Linux Image (software)
    • How to set up a Bootable USB (image too big for CD)
    • How to boot off USB during Restart
    • How to install

I came across a tutorial designed for Linux Mint that took me through the above process in it's entirety. I was surprised at how easy it was.
    I only note that you need to go into you Bios (F2 or whatever your system one is) and work out if your system is UEFI ... Legacy is another term I need to check. Basically you just have to work out which bios setting to enable to the boot record works properly.

You can still install and do it successfully following that tutorials. If the setting is wrong ... all that happens if your PC wont boot. LMFAO ... BUT ... you just go back in and change the UEFI setting to which then on restart bios will then load the mutliboot option.

Those are the basics and with the avaiabilite of guides, you can use the key words from above and get more info. I even fisnished off with how to get the system to load up if your UEFI is not set correctly. I need to ready up more on that. Just restart your come and press either F1 - or - F2 or whatever it is for your system to bring up BIOS - go through and look at your settings searching for a UEFI mode or something like that ... read a little more about it ... When I go into mine I will remember what that issue was.

LOL - how you feeling about it now. heheheeee ... seriously ... DO IT ... you have the know how ... I know you do.

Let me know if you wont to source out a bunch of how to links ... I'll even find one regarding the UEFI mode for ensuring you have no boot issues.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

In oder to fix my issue after installing Linux and then no longer being able to boot my computer:

All I had to do was go into my BIOS BOOT MENU and change it from Legacy to UEFI:

Once I did that - I rebooted and the loader then gave me an option to either boot into window or linux.

I suggest you find out if in fact your Computer has a UEFI option? If so Select it before you install linux. Then you will have no probs with a dual boot.

Mine is F2 ... when you start your com ... look for the prompts that tell you what to press in order to get into your BIOS ... let me know how you go. Take a few pics with your phone like I just did.

We can do this ... No probs! Look for Boot List Options and let me know what you find. Legacy / UEFI or the older EFI? If the older EFI ... we just need to research a little more .. if you have UEFI ... then you should be right to go.

the only problem my programs for business do not run on linux , Thank you will look for MInt yeah my friend just started to use it and he is happy with it. thnx
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

The reason for having a Dual Boot Set Up is so we can still load into our Windows Operating System. Srry if I did not explain that properly. When your computer starts up, it gives you an option of which operating system you wish to load; Linux or Windows. You can still access all your business programs and whatnot in Windows OS, yet have the ability to load up Linux and enjoy the many freedoms it offers.

This morning I chose Linux not just because of the redirection issue I have been having in Windows, but because it loads so quick that by the time I poured myself a glass of water, Linux had loaded and will do everything I need it to do in less than half the time before I head out for my morning walk. Before I leave, I will most likely restart into windows which will probably require half my hours walking time to *&%$ing load. hehehe. (I've just been a little lazy on the maintenance side of things re Windows and have weight down the win sys with a LOT of resource hogging programs - Linux does not require anywhere need the amount of that BS and most of its software runs fairly seemless)

Whatever way you go ... it was enjoyable to go over the whole Linux topic once more.

TY : )

Yes I know D. I had Ubuntu and windows, but somehow with the new computer I was so happy with W7 and I did not install it again. The subject is really interesting , I appreciate
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I got to thank you D. So glad you dropped the name CCleaner. I've known and used it before so many times, but just been too lazy of late. CCleaner nails the redirection issue every time a s well as a lOT of other issues that crop up over time. You know how that is. Not sure why, but the FB website creates the redirection loop on few pages for me. I've run all the scans between CC, Malware byte and Avast. No matter, a quick scan of CC and all is good. I just use fb on a dedicated browser and don't use much. Might check now to see if your on.

oh avast, I do not use it anymore, it was giving that false warnings. for the last 7 or 8 years uzywam Nod 32 , platny ale nie tak duzo .
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore