Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Dave's Diary

Just a daily update

I had a productive day today which is helping to keep my mind off the fact that I'm being more mindful of what and how much I eat. I finally got around to changing my computer table. Since I spend so much time on it (like most other suburbanites) it was on the list of must do! Slouching due to incorrect desk height and incompatible chair position was reacking havoc on my rotator cuff (shoulder) issues. I also would build up a lot of lactic acid in my legs as a result of lifting my chair. Using a footrest is not as stress free as needing none. Now I can lounge around at an ergonomic height. LMAO @ that one. The chair pictured is actually quite a good chair. It also tilts forwards as well as in every other direction. Alas ... it mattered little having a table that was too high for me. Like I keep saying, I am a short guy and given most chairs and tables are built more for people say 5"8 to 6ft ... many of us others that don't fit that range, end up with major imbalances as well as our bodies being under constant stress.

Yep .. best thing I did was grab that table and grind 9cm off the legs.

Please excuse my dirty windows. I've had too much else to do. Looks worse than it is due to the angle of the light. I'll maybe do them just to burn a few calories.

What else did I do? Fix the neighbors laptop, returned some items to a shop, drove Lisa around, dropped something off at my daughter's, filled the car up but then later had trouble starting it due to letting it empty too much but moreso to often. (fuel filter issue but all good now) ... I did some other things but too tired to think.

Best thing about today was finally doing something about the bad ergonomics on with my computer setup.

The mindful eating is going quite well. It's been challenging having to make time when I usually just do something else whilst eat. I thought I was good with that, but obviously not. Since adopting the mindful eating practices in that book, I am eating clost to only half of what I was before.

Oh yea, I had a killer workout at the gym on the treadmill. Been doing a lot of HIIT. 16kph spurts for about 3 quarters to a full lap as depicted on the treadmills display in track mode. I was doing intervals from 9k - 14kph to 16kph. My stretching is getting better as well. I think it's been more the "believing in myself" factor that's really helping me get back into sync. I was going through a tough patch and still am to some degree with taking on my others halfs fatigue. It's an energy thing ... speaking of which ... time for me to charge up for a bit.

Hope you guys are doing as well as can be.

Adio ... until next post.

Last edited by Ponder; 01-09-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

_________

- Morning Guys -

___

No plans for today. Some passing thoughts on doing some weeding, kitchen chores, cleaning shed little by little and maybe a few other things. In general today's a rest day for my body. I know what needs doing inside and out - both externally and internally

Made contact with an old friend who's wife died only a few months ago. He is not much older than myself. It was an early passing, however his wife had been bedridden for quite a few years previous to her passing. She was a nice young lady that sadly was one of the victims to drug Thalidomide. It's a drug supposedly linked to Nazi experimentation that drug companies across the world soon took on board which resulted in thousands of mothers giving birth babies with → "limbs that fail to develop properly, in some cases also eyes, ears and internal organs. No-one knows how many miscarriages ..."

Tragic. She was a good person that was literally debilitated from the start. Sad fact is - whilst there are less chemicals that are so obvious to the eyes that disable us like so, we still have thousands of drugs sold over the counters that kills us off and affect our unborn at an alarming rate. That's why I am so strongly connected to the phrase ... "THERE ARE NO CHEMICAL SOLUTIONS TO LIFESTYLE RELATED PROBLEMS!!!"

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

tragic, I got the first time to read about it, back home, it was years ago like 40 when it started to show. Unbelievable, giving something like that to pregnant woman
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hi D - I'm giving this place a wide berth for now. To many health care professionals coming here of late. We have pharmacists, doctors and now psychotherapists. This place no longer feels like a home when the vultures let themselves in.

Catch ya on Facebook.

I had not checked it in two day or so, just your thread, Everyone is pissing me off on forum
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

D - I will link my new spot as usual ... going to start a new thread over at the weight loss forum I was once part of. Would you consider joining there if not only to communicate with me every now and then? I truly am done with this place. All I need is one friend to hold my hand from time to time. Sounds a bit weak to some, but what can I say ... "I'm only human" I would not of come back here had I one person I could trust over at the other thread I made. If you join me in my new thread within another forum unlike this one ... I'd be happy to dump this place for good.

Of course you can still do what you want with this place ... but I truly and sick of bitching about. I would not expect you to be there everyday for me or anything like that ... just knowing we have another place to meet up in other than this place would mean the world to me.

Having said all that ... I guess there is always FB ... it's just that I like to have my spaces to write in other than your atypical social media avenue.

Let me know what you think.

Yeah I will join there for you
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore