Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah, the toxic ones are sometimes hard to avoid these days. I recall a time when people were nicer and more considerate, but times have changed, and I feel not so much for the better and people lack humility. That being said.. I hold tight to the phrase, 'what goes around - comes around'.

I agree...my computer and music are the air I breathe. I'm learning to embrace the solitude :-)
    Last edited by salvator here; 08-29-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Sal solitude is when we can find relieve, Why the heck people are so scared of being alone, Do they really think that being in crowd will help them to suppress the loneliness? I had not gone to the party in the last probably 7 years and do not miss it at all
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by The Scottish Pedro View Post
    "The Air I Breathe" is a song by the Hollies, that was later covered by the band, Simply Red.

Best I can do is ride with the Babylonian Concept being right up at the top with the emphasis on personal wealth being the 1st point of corruption and thus the antithesis in needing police whom are only in service to protect the most selfish of all. In symbolic terms, that is how one can see such uniforms. Generally presented in a military presence rather than the preconditioned perspective of comm-unity. Welcome to the reality of human society. Nothing much has changed - except the color of the uniforms:

Depending on how old one may be, seeing the evolution of the police uniform says quite a lot about where society be. Whilst some may reason there are good cops and bad cops, I would reason the style of uniform and the expressions that follows them says more:

Unfortunate this is not how police present outside their facilities and on the streets. Times have changed:

So much so that even when there is no protest - the following is pretty much how police now walk the streets when no trouble is in sight:

Now whilst the winners of society support this presence - and despite my own history with police and prisons - I objectively see how it is becoming more fashionable for the young ones to strut their stuff like so. I don't blame them personally as whilst at times I am only human and struggle not to judge, if your going to pick a side, why not pick one with a gun and combat vests? Like when they go home you can be sure many of them play FPS (First Person Shooters) - Not all - but many do. In fact that is how the US trains many of its own.

I cross the street at the best of times to avoid people. I most certainly do it when I see police. I want them to know I am afraid of them. I want them to know people fear them more than they do respect them. To be sure I will call upon them if I am attacked, but I don't kid myself about what they really represent in terms of society and where it is at. See below:

The thing is - whilst I would love to revisit the preconceived idea that the police are there to protect and serve the community - the way they now present in everyday goings ons reflects very much the dysfunction in society. The young ones strutting about all caught up with guns on hips and all the paraphernalia and additional weaponry attached so fashionably are not the only ones. You get well educated psychopaths joining up that are solely recruited to inflict harm. The endcotination today within said services is very much militarized and markets as fashionable. You get to be a warrior without having to go off to war. You can do it in your everyday job. That's just the recruitment side and how it';s done and why you end up with all sorts - but over all they are very much being trained to inflict harm more than anything else. De-escalation programs take second fiddle and in fact is seen as weak in today's services which make no mistake are now trained as 'forces' The culture behind it is problematic to say the least. Imo it feeds the nature of the beast and is how we end up with staring competitions on the front of protest lines which brings out the evil on all sides.

Sigh -

another image that depicts well the ethics with today's police force being the same in every nation across the world:

I think many of them become disenchanted later on, like soldiers who question what they do in the heat of things or church goers who question what it is they are being taught. That's pretty much my take on all things police in a world that was derailed since the inception of the economy and personal wealth all the way back to babylon. The most selfish of all will do what they can to keep us all hemmed in with such services that have now had to become a full time militarized force.

Is what it is ... nothing personal. Don't go to protests ... don't jump in the ring ... don't empower those that vote for such things. Do not participate on any level ... do not play the game. That is what I advocate ... but do see it for what it is.

Just to clarify Pedro - I think it's all pretty much a sad state of affairs. I mean not to be a buzzkill, but my writings as they be reflect a different tone. The other day whilst on the phone talking with a friend in the local psych ward, I took on a very bitter tone as he relayed his own frustrations about the way in which he was being handled. I contacted him later that day to apologize, explaining that I felt I had failed him as instead of supporting him, I just fed back all the hostility he was sharing, which in the end only makes him more susceptible to being mistreated. Not sure if that makes sense. I do what I can to check my rage and be honest with myself when contemplating such things. We make ourselves easy targets when feeding back into the system.

People kill people. People are easily led by ideals. That's just a simple way I look at it. Those that support such ideals are just as much a pawn as those in uniform. Pretty much one and the same whatever way you look at it. Including the movies that influence the way they do. The 80s had just as much conditioning as they do today, it's just that it's done at a much faster pace and penetrates deeper with consistency being 24/7 and many more levels.

Just a thought. Have you tried searching a number of different keywords in windows explorer search bar on both primary drive and or maybe a secondary drive, documents folder and that kind of thing. Often it's best to keyword search within folders rather than a whole drive. Another place to search with keywords in perhaps your email account where you might of made reference to said evidence. Just thought I would make mention as doing so in the past has helped me find things I have lost. Google drive is another place I forget to check as I use it on occasion as well.

I honestly feel you. There's a lot of toxic people on social media too! I feel like it is better to stay home and gadgets off it gives ME TIME! Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

Hi MeMaw52. I'm not sure when you joined up. I've been on a bit of a holiday and was a bit preoccupied to say hi then. I see the people as a reflection of those leading the way. Best I can some that up. I just made a post in the walking thread that is in line pretty much with what you said … kind of … I alluded to the current climate with CV and its narrative. That said, I am ridding with what works for me .. albeit much slower these days and I am fine with that.

I am glad you have found this forum and post when your able. I kind of think I know what you mean with all that browser reloading but for me I only ever do it for efficiency. I really don't care what people get to know about me when it comes to privacy issues. Sure it might be an issue for others who play into the whole national security risk type of things - Oh No ... The Aliens are going to kill us all ... Yadda Yadda ... terrorists and all that. I believe nothing any of them whoever they are say anymore. I only go by what I see out my front door and like you say, stay at home is very much my preference. There is virtually nothing out my front door that I wish for anymore.

Now with that said, I had an awesome time away. I stepped into a vehicle, and pretty much went door to door. The other door I researched like hell to ensure it was a comfortable stay. Easy peasy! I plan most of my trips like so ... even to the grocery store. : D
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-10-2021 at 02:58 PM.

The world would be a better place if authorities and their watch dogs dropped what they were doing and instead did this:

Sadly these guys are actors - but act good enough to make me smile all the same.