Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not available
    Last edited by The Scottish Pedro; 11-06-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Hey there

I dislike most "normal" people as well. As we speak I'm stuck in a motel room which means I have to go outside to smoke and there's always people out there. I get bad anxiety in the mornings (and my anxiety would be classed as social) so it's like torture having no privacy. Yes I know smoking is bad and most people hate it but one of the great joys of my own house is being able to have a damn cigarette inside! Right now there's about six people having a barbecue a few metres from me at 11am ugh.

Anyway, sorry to use your post to whinge and thanks for sharing your story. You write well, which is rare in itself. I hope you don't get any grief from people here. This forum is unmoderated so it's like the Wild West of Anxiety LOL but I've found it works really well and people are generally respectful of each other. We have the occasional drama but that's life and people will always have different viewpoints to our own.

As for sites like Facebook, I rarely comment on any public pages because you inevitably get into arguments and it's a complete waste of time and energy. Sometimes I leave a controversial comment and I always end up regretting it because I get all these notifications of angry responses. I think people pick fights online because they have all this pent-up anger which they can't express in their real lives. I've been using the internet since 1997 and I learned pretty quickly that arguing online was absolutely pointless.

All the best,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yeah Melbourne is apparently going to be bigger than Sydney in about ten years. My favourite Australian musician is definitely Nick Cave.. I'm sure you would have heard of him? He's lived in England for quite a while now but he's originally from here.

I don't have autism but I'm very empathic and sensitive. I find most people either "apathic" (just don't care) or sociopathic/psychopathic. The latter would definitely punch you in the chest for fun if you said you had a pacemaker haha.

Hey again..

Sorry I'm going to use your post to vent again. I'm still at this damn motel and I am utterly sick of people! I mean the kind of "normal" people who make a lot of noise and get together in large groups. I'm about to get in my car and go for a long drive just to get some peace.

This planet has too many humans on it!!

I don't really have a phobia of meeting people (unless my anxiety is bad). I just need a lot of personal space and for the last ten days or so I haven't had much at all. I got home this afternoon though and I don't think I've ever appreciated this place as much since I first moved in! (after living in share accommodation). This is bliss having my own space again and it's a nice little house.

I'm lucky in that I have my own place (my dad owns it and I'm paying him off). It's right near the freeway, which I absolutely hate (the traffic actually woke me up this morning) but when I look at the price of rentals I count my blessings. I think the whole species is in a rut LOL and human beings aren't meant to spend their lives working so they can buy useless crap and then die in a nursing home. The opening scene of Trainspotting says it all pretty much.

I also have issues with people sometimes. I think many people lack empathy for others.

Oh my goodness, yes. I have been so bothered this past year by people who totally lack empathy and are just oblivious to hurting others or the suffering of others. It stands out to me so much because I am so empathetic.

I try my best to avoid contact with people these days as much as possible, I see people as energy drainers. I just remain cordial with people I come in contact with. I find things better that way for my well being.

I do have problem with some people, The toxic ones, Honestly I feel the best here in computer room or in my garden, watching the nature, My garden is really busy lately
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore