Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic!

Oh side note I have recently checked out this stuff called natural calm? I've been looking into magnesium as well as passionflower and valerian root I'm not sure if anyone has any insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleK87 View Post
    I also think it's like a mind over matter type thing too. I tried to cut the clonazepam down myself but I couldn't sleep all I could think about was the half pill i went down :/ I really appreciate everyone's replies...I'm not that good at talking about stuff like this. I just needed somewhere to turn to. Living day by day for now one thing at a time.
    It's a "mind over matter" thing big time. Like I said, when I was coming off the Valium I googled benzo withdrawal and the list of symptoms sent me into an absolute panic! I wasn't able to get any though (my scripts were strictly dated and I was all out) so I had to just plough on. The only support I had was my friend in Europe - who I've been emailing for 10 years and can say anything to, but nobody in person. The thing that got me through was (as I said) a clean, safe environment. Definitely "one day at a time" stuff but I've had to live half my life that way, probably more like 3/4 of my life. Just go easy on youself and know there's support here.

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    It's a "mind over matter" thing big time. Like I said, when I was coming off the Valium I googled benzo withdrawal and the list of symptoms sent me into an absolute panic! I wasn't able to get any though (my scripts were strictly dated and I was all out) so I had to just plough on. The only support I had was my friend in Europe - who I've been emailing for 10 years and can say anything to, but nobody in person. The thing that got me through was (as I said) a clean, safe environment. Definitely "one day at a time" stuff but I've had to live half my life that way, probably more like 3/4 of my life. Just go easy on youself and know there's support here.

Thanks so much. I can't seem to sit still even I panic I immediately have to start moving or it feels like I'm going to die. My first thought is run take lorazepam and drink

Quote Originally Posted by KyleK87 View Post
    Thanks so much. I can't seem to sit still even I panic I immediately have to start moving or it feels like I'm going to die. My first thought is run take lorazepam and drink
    Aww I can relate to that. Try to keep in mind that you're detoxing and it's completely normal to be very agitated. When I'm feeling like that I just keep reminding myself that my brain chemistry is all out of whack but it WILL get better. I've come off 80mg/day of Oxycodone AND about 10mg of Mogadon, cold turkey. My anxiety was through the roof and I didn't have a wink of sleep for a week but one day I just fell asleep (only for an hour or two) and I remember waking up and could actually feel my natural "feel good" chemicals starting to kick in and it was an awesome feeling.

The times I've detoxed from alcohol (apart from my episodes of falling off the wagon) have been in hospital because I had acute Pancreatitis. So it wasn't really a proper detox but I was in so much pain I was on morphine and that level of physical pain is intense so the alcohol withdrawal was kind of irrelevant. But I remember when I went in my heart rate was around 140bpm and after a week or so of not drinking it was about 80bpm. So you can see how much worse alcohol (in large amounts) makes anxiety! It does get better though and that's what you have to keep telling yourself. The body is always working to heal itself.. We just have to "get out of the way" and let it do its thing.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Aww I can relate to that. Try to keep in mind that you're detoxing and it's completely normal to be very agitated. When I'm feeling like that I just keep reminding myself that my brain chemistry is all out of whack but it WILL get better. I've come off 80mg/day of Oxycodone AND about 10mg of Mogadon, cold turkey. My anxiety was through the roof and I didn't have a wink of sleep for a week but one day I just fell asleep (only for an hour or two) and I remember waking up and could actually feel my natural "feel good" chemicals starting to kick in and it was an awesome feeling.

The times I've detoxed from alcohol (apart from my episodes of falling off the wagon) have been in hospital because I had acute Pancreatitis. So it wasn't really a proper detox but I was in so much pain I was on morphine and that level of physical pain is intense so the alcohol withdrawal was kind of irrelevant. But I remember when I went in my heart rate was around 140bpm and after a week or so of not drinking it was about 80bpm. So you can see how much worse alcohol (in large amounts) makes anxiety! It does get better though and that's what you have to keep telling yourself. The body is always working to heal itself.. We just have to "get out of the way" and let it do its thing.
    Wow. That sounds like you've accomplished slash been through a lot I'm glad you're better though. I've stopped taking the lorazepam and taking my normal doses of clonazepam nothing else besides drinking Sleepy time tea with Valerian Root in it and it seems to help somewhat. I'm just trying to replace the drinking alcohol I guess. I don't think I can quit clonazepam cold turkey. I'm still edgy and get right chest even when I'm on it like my body is craving more.