Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jealous of people in relationships

This falls more into the depression category but it overlaps for me. I get really envious seeing people in relationships. I’ve never been in one and I know I won’t ever be. I try not to let it bother me but it’s inescapable. A constant reminder of something I will never have. Does anyone else deal with this?

trust me, married ppl are envious of you

I feel this way at times for sure. You're definitely not alone in feeling like that.

Hi Kudzu,

Well I've been married (and have a 15yo girl). Before and after that I was constantly in relationships. I've been single now for 2.5 years though and I wouldn't change it unless the guy was Johnny Depp or something (which is probably not going to happen). Relationships are way overrated and like silver lining says, married people are jealous of you lol. Then again, if you've never been in one I understand feeling left out. Don't give up - stranger things have happened!

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I just don't feel I'm desirable in any way.

I am curious as to why you will never be in a relationship?? If a relationship is something you want why is it not attainable?
    My Mental Health Blog - www.fixmybrokenmind.com

There is an old saying which goes; their is someone for everyone. Everyone has some desirable traits or attributes and what you may
    not think is desirable, someone else may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by fixmybrokenmind View Post
    I am curious as to why you will never be in a relationship?? If a relationship is something you want why is it not attainable?
    Because I've given up on it. Not worth the time or energy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudzu2 View Post
    Because I've given up on it. Not worth the time or energy anymore.
    https://youtu.be/pPyuZ6ZTqmo
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Why have you given up on it when you still wish to be in one? You will never find one without effort.

And on another note relationships bring just as many obstacles as being lonely does. It is never a walk in the park and you will have to put in effort to both be in a relationship and find one.

May I ask how old you are?
    My Mental Health Blog - www.fixmybrokenmind.com