Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not eating can make you feel worse, so if you really have no appetite, at least get some Ensure and drink that to get the nutrients and sustenance you need.

Hey Anne,
    Sorry for going quiet for a few days. The depression finally lifted on its own so I'm finally starting to feel better in terms of that. The anxiety is kind of a different story but I find the anxiety much easier to cope with. I am beyond thankful for everyone on this board and how supportive they are.
    I've never been diagnosed with bipolar, pretty sure the Abilify was prescribed because I have a history of having "failed" numerous antidepressants.
    Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn-Unknown

SO glad to hear that! That is good news indeed.

I hope that these wonderful tips that everyone gave helped you. I know that they certainly have helped me. I hope the low dip has passed and that you feel at least a slight bump "up" to be feeling a bit better. I like the idea someone suggested of moving around a little bit, rather than seeing it as exercise. I hear so much about exercising to help with depression, but many times, people with depression are too depressed to exercise, so it's kind of a Catch-22. Maybe the light becoming darker and darker might have started making you feel a bit down? I have a light therapy lamp, which you just reminded me that I should start using. Using it in the morning is supposed to help elevate mood. I use ones that specifically say "can be used for light therapy." I don't use a light box, I use a lamp, but its wattage is strong enough to be "light therapy."
    (Sorry, I didn't read the rest of the posts, and you are feeling a bit better -that's great news!)
    Last edited by J. Ans; 10-08-2016 at 08:16 PM.

What i do when i get depressed randomly, i just want to lay in my bed in a fetal positoon, and forget everything that is going around me, but what has helped me is googie my problems, and i have been doing this recently for the past 2 days, it helps, but very little....

Go on this forum as you have and read about what others do. I find it helpful to see I'm not alone. Doesn't always speed things up but I tend to feel a little less like a freak..

good luck, superchick. I know what you mean. Disinterest, no reason to do or even try to do anything. No reason to complain, which makes you feel even worse because you feel entitled and it's like, why is this happening. I hope it gets better for you.

After doing a lot of research, I found out that exercise, such as jumping on the treadmill for a nice, brisk walk, gets the blood moving and stimulates the brain, plus flushes out the lymph system, which when it gets backed up by our lack of movement.. it can cause depression. The treadmill really does help take the edge off depression and many times, it goes away altogether. Also stopping and saying out loud what we are thankful for in our lives, helps as well. Most anxiety is caused by ruminating, which is what a cow does with her cud. She chews it over and over again. We tend to do that with negative thoughts without realizing it. We have control of our thoughts. Where the mind goes, the man follows. Make yourself think of the good things in your life, which are many that you just don't realize. Prayer helps me immensely too. I know how difficult depression and anxiety is to deal with. Change things one step at a time and do these positive things on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick22684 View Post
    I just got back from seeing my psych and I told him that I've been depressed for the last nine days. He basically looked at me at and asked me why I'm depressed. I honestly have no answer for that. I have a job, a place to live, food to eat, transportation to get from place to place etc. There's nothing really "bad" that's going on with my life. All I know is I woke up last Wednesday feeling incredibly doom and gloom and I'm having trouble getting joy out of anything. I have very little appetite. A few days ago I spent most of my day crying for absolutely no reason. He suggested that journaling might help so I think I might try that to get some of my thoughts down on paper and out of my head.
    You were correct Anne on the medications that I'm on. My psych decided not to change any of my dosages today. I'm a little disappointed but part of me is hoping that using some of the tips you guys have shared with me will be enough to dig me out of the rut I'm in.
    Superchick, you sound like you have SAD.... seasonal affective disorder. It's a winter issue for a lot of us in the snow areas of the US. Lack of sunshine and low D levels. I get it too and it's no fun. If you can, try a light box. Many people have reported overcoming winter depression with light boxes! Also be sure you are taking D3 every day. My MD has me on 5,000 units a day. Has to be D3 and not just plain D though.

easiest way that's helped me cope is a combination of Bioenergetics and working out. get out of your mind as much as possible...that's the key