Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    My psych recommended a book to me called The Happiness Trap. It's based on something called "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy" (ACT) which he believes is better than CBT and he's a really good, down-to-earth psychiatrist who I've seen for a long time. So I downloaded it on iBooks and read a couple of chapters and it's already helped me with anxiety (which is more my thing than depression but they are closely linked). I think it could help you with your depression. The first chapter gives you statistics on depression and that alone made me feel better! So if you have iBooks or Kindle or whatever, take a look.

P.S. It's by Dr Russ Harris.
    Thank you for sharing!

The hole lol

It really does feel like a hole sometimes.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

It sure does and the deeper you fall into the hole that harder to crawl out.

every woman is also experiencing that especially when they have their monthly period we cannot control our temper and i do not really know what to do .

To cope with your depression do things to help others. You'll be surprised at what doing something as little as complimenting someone can make you feel happy. Try talking to people on depression forums who are experiencing a similar situation and seek to make them feel less alone. In the process, it may help you to feel less sad and alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nathalia1011 View Post
    every woman is also experiencing that especially when they have their monthly period we cannot control our temper and i do not really know what to do .

No matter how powerless I may feel I know always have a choice.
    Knowing that may give me hope - however only by taking steps can I find my way out.

But that's OK - You can climb out whilst you still have your period. You don't have to leave it behind if you don't want to. hahahahaha ... just kidding.
    My wife won't sleep with me, so I will blame that instead. It's beyond my control. hmmmm somehow I don't think it works like that. Again ... we always have a choice.

Passes you a ladder ... your choice.
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-07-2018 at 07:02 PM.

For my depression I often use essential oils. Lavender oil is my favourite. Of course, it's not the main treatment. But it helps for depression, insomnia and anxiety.