Hi guys, I'm new to this site and this is my first time posting (19yo/male). I've recently been struggling with a lot of fears and worries brought on by a difficult home situation around 2 years ago. I have a lot of symptoms common to OCD. I have sought the advice of a therapist, and have made some significant progress.

However, there are are a few things worrying me, and I would like to know if any of you have experienced anything similar.

1) Around 5 month ago I was eating lunch with my family and we sat next to a lady who was talking to herself. She was clearly in distress and believed she had been stood-up: the person was sadly non-existent. Since then, I have been relentlessly obsessing over the following scenario: all of my family and friends are made up, and I am actually schizophrenic and talking to myself. Whenever I see people looking at me it gets worse. Of course, I know it is wrong. I rarely experience it when I am at home or in private with friends/family and not in public. I know it is illogical, and I have reasoned it through to termination: either everything is real or nothing is. But this does not stop the obsession with whether or not people are looking at me and thinking I'm insane. Could this be to do with low self-esteem (which I certainly have)?

2) Over the past week I have been obsessively worrying over schizophrenia. I do not and have never exhibited any symptoms of it (delusions, disorganised speech/thoughts, hallucinations & am I totally aware of the difference between fantasy/reality etc.), but I cannot stop worrying over it. e.g "what if I DO start hearing voices". Have any of you experienced this sort of worry - if so, how do you deal with it/overcome it.

3) I used to obsess over ideas of infinity etc and other unanswerable questions e.g. "Is life a dream"; "am I living alone in the world" etc.

4) I also have a tendency towards hypochondria, esp. surrounding cancer.

Have any of you ever experienced any similar symptoms? Do you have any suggestions/methods for dealing with them?