Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lorazapam bad batch?

I was prescribed lorazapam for panic attacks and it worked really well. It would calm the swirling thoughts. I ran out and got more about 2 months later and it seems these aren't the same. It feels that the mind calmness just isn't there. Maybe even an adverse effect. These pills were bought at the same pharmacy, and they are by the same manufacturer.

Is it possible they are different or is it just me?

Maybe its just me?

Their is always the chance it could be a bad batch or maybe you developed some increased tolerance to it. I would talk it over with your physician.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Their is always the chance it could be a bad batch or maybe you developed some increased tolerance to it. I would talk it over with your physician.
    Don't know about a tolerance. I've only taken 15 mg in 2 and a half months. I've taken them very as needed to not get addicted. I just found out that all though scored the same with Watson it is showing the MFG as Activis. My old bottle was MFG watson. I am pretty sure there is a difference. One worked great and the other is making me feel terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceturtle View Post
    I was prescribed lorazapam for panic attacks and it worked really well. It would calm the swirling thoughts. I ran out and got more about 2 months later and it seems these aren't the same. It feels that the mind calmness just isn't there. Maybe even an adverse effect. These pills were bought at the same pharmacy, and they are by the same manufacturer.

Is it possible they are different or is it just me?
    Are they the same color and everything? I know it's annoying, but maybe call the pharmacy and/or talk to your doctor.

Ya I called the pharmacist and she said that they should be the same thing. Both labeled the same on the pill. I don't know why one worked so well and got me through some rough anxiety and these seem to make it worse if anything. Maybe its all in my head, I don't know. Anxiety it is tricky like that. I was turning to this board to see if people had problems with manufacturers botching things up or not. I shouldn't have taken enough in the past to change how my body reacts. I don't think 15mg over a course of 90 days should have had an impact.

I am at a loss for words. This was my comfort blanket knowing I had them when things got out of hand and typically just that itself made it so I didn't have even take them. Now I am scared that when I take these new ones during a panic attack it might just make it worse. GAH.

I am sorry you feel this way. Maybe another medication may work for you better. You could give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I am sorry you feel this way. Maybe another medication may work for you better. You could give it a try.
    So apparently Activan or something bought out Watson but it has the same label on the pill. I wonder if they trying to cut corners now.