Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Hello!

Red face Hello!

Hi!
    I'm Hope and I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. It probably started when I was 4 or 5 and I thought the wind was going to blow away everything. I wouldn't stay in the car because I thought the wind would blow it away, some days I even was scared I was going to blow away. Anxious thoughts have followed me to my teen years and it really accelerated at the end of last school year (Grade 9). I would cry a lot and the thoughts were, and still are so overwhelming sometimes I just freeze. I went to a therapist once, it helped for a little but I really feel like I should be seeing one again. I went through some bad things when I started to open up to my close friends about my anxiety. My "best" friend told me I was faking and that I don't know what real anxiety felt like, and told all of my other friends that I was faking anxiety for attention and I was bullied for months about it. It was a really, really tough time and it still really affects me day-to-day. I just need this outlet to be able to talk to people who feel the same way I do.

Thanks for making it to the end of this,
    Hope

Hi h0pie, and welcome! Is there any adult that you trust that you can talk to about how you're feeling? Do your parents know about your anxiety? Talking to a guidance counselor, or teacher at school may be a good place to begin.

Hi Hope! I agree with CarolineSunshine. When I was in highschool my guidance counselor really helped me. I do recommend seeing a therapist if you have that option and you are willing to get the help. When I was in highschool I know it was hard for me to talk about my feelings. So when my mom forced me to see a therapist I just wouldn't talk. But now that I am older I see a therapist on my own and I am able to talk to her. So definitely if therapy helps you, do it! I'm not sure why anyone would want to fake anxiety because it isn't any fun

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaSunshine View Post
    Hi h0pie, and welcome! Is there any adult that you trust that you can talk to about how you're feeling? Do your parents know about your anxiety? Talking to a guidance counselor, or teacher at school may be a good place to begin.
    Hi Carolina,
    My parents do know about my anxiety and are trying to help me back into the system to see a therapist again Thank you for replying it really means a lot

Hi, thank you for replying it means so much! As I said to CarolinaSunshine my parents and I are trying to get me to see a therapist again but it's so difficult to see someone which is sad. Yeah, haha, my friend was pretty terrible spreading that rumor and it didn't even make much sense