About 5 days ago I woke up and I went out into my living room. It was really hot in my house and I started sweating. My wife was also sweating as were our kids. Well some how I decided to turn that into a panic attack. Since then I have barley been able to eat and when I do I feel nausea. I got a very mild pain in my upper right side on that day and I have been CONVINCED that I have appendicitis. I have talked to people that did have it (including my mother) and they all tell me that my symptoms are nothing like what they had, but I can not convince myself to stop. I have diarrhea, severe general anxiety which usually leads to shaking (chills as some would call it) and now the pain is usually in my lower right side back. Almost in my butt. I notice it is ALOT worse if I'm at work ( due to the fact my anxiety is much higher I would assume) and I notice that it is usually worse at night. None of the pain has been too bad, but it comes and goes and its scaring the crap out of me. I must have ran about a thousand laps around my back yard to try to calm myself down. I did a bunch of sit-ups to try to convince myself that I don't have it. Doing the sit-ups didn't hurt at all but that still didn't work. The anxiety is the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about before I am finally able to sleep. The weird thing is, if I sit down or lay down, the pain almost instantly either goes completely away or atleast cuts back very very far. I can feel the gas moving around in my stomach and a couple times I thought I was going to throw up, but I never have. I work myself up to the point where I actually sweat and then I calm down and I almost instantly dry up. I know that there is a very very high chance that this is either IBS or just a complete panic attack but I guess my main question that I have is can someone help me break the cycle? I know I need to eat something but I'm so scared that if I do I will throw it up. I hardly allow myself 5 minutes peace through out the day. I'm either in "pain" or I'm going nuts that I'm going to be in "pain." When I first wake up in the morning I don't have any pain at all and then I basically force myself into it and I freak out for the rest of the day. Tonight I have been alittle bit better. I drank a decent amount of water and I ate some chips and some candy ( I know that isn't the healthiest but its better then the 'nothing' I have eaten for the past atleast 2 if not 3 days.) I keep going on all these websites and looking up all the symptoms and then it's "OMG I have that" and if I don't have it I basically talk myself into having it not too long after. Basically I just want my life back. I will listen to any and all advice, I just hope you don't tell me to go to the doctor because that will freak me out more because it will lead me to believe that you think there is something seriously wrong with me.