Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Gypsylee. I don't come here much any more -- just a quick stop by on rare occassion. But I saw your note and thought I would respond because my anxiety also tends to be worst in the morning. Of course, it is impossible to know with certainty what the reason is, but I suspect it has to do with cortisol (stress hormone) levels tending to be highest in the morning. When cortisol levels subside, anxiety may subside too. I find when I get out of bed and force myself to "get going" the anxiety is often better. But it sometimes takes quite a push to get myself to do that. Best wishes, Kuma

Hey Kuma!

Yeah I had a long break too but came back a few months ago because my anxiety was really bad again *sigh*. I'm doing better now but this waking anxiety is getting to me. It really does seem to be some kind of more "physical" thing because well, I've been asleep! It's similar to this weird adrenaline thing I started getting last year, which I suspect has something to do with female hormones. The two could even be related..

Anyway, good to see you
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

My anxiety can be symptom based, so when I wake up and have no symptoms I am OK. For example, if I get a pain,
    have a heart skip, then, wham, my thoughts can change quickly.

Like last night, I went to be bed fine and woke up to go to the bathroom at 3am. I tried to go back to sleep,
    but, I felt a little nauseous, felt a little warm and then had trouble going back to sleep as I was a bit
    concerned about my symptoms.

Oh ok, so you have health anxiety? Mine's much more social anxiety..

Yep, good old health anxiety and sometimes it is not too fun.

[QUOTE=gypsylee;230674]Thanks everyone.

Cloudy black - What do you do when you get up? I mean if you don't have to go to work or something..
    i try to keep to a routine although that is difficult at the mo as i am going through lots of stress just when i thought it couldnt get anyworse..yesterday and today..

so mostly i make sure that the inner thinking doesnt run the show. for example i no longer finish the thought i abruptly stop it and come back to me my breath, nature. this helps
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been waking up with anxiety to, and it (for me) sets the tone as to how the rest of the day usually goes. I've been waking up manic again as well with no logical reason for such. I'm still unemployed and my sleep schedule is nonexistent at this point. The only thing that seems to help me "reset" is to try to go back to bed, but that isn't always convenient and wasting the entire day away sleeping only ads further to my overall depression. I will say I've been severely depressed just about every night before bed and can't seem to unwind for anything, so I shouldn't be surprised I'm not waking up in good shape or refreshed.

I really don't know what to do at this point and it wearing down my resolve.

Hey Salvator..

I generally manage to come good after a while (with the help of about 5 cups of tea, numerous cigarettes, music videos etc). But that first half hour to an hour is pretty nasty. I'm not working either and my daughter is with her father, so I know how easy it is for your routine to be non-existent. I wouldn't say I'm particularly depressed (compared to other times in my life) but I have a lot of anxiety in the background because of things that have happened and certain people in my life.

Anyway, I think a lot of people are depressed atm. I spoke to two guys just yesterday (unrelated to this forum) who said they were really depressed. So you aren't alone, that's for sure.

my youngest bro is suicidally depressed at the mo. but then he is going through a shit time but he aint spoke this way before. and he aint got a mh problem or at least he has not be diagnosed. he is on anti depressant meds and i am trying to encourage him to ring Samaritans.
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.