Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
So today I went out with my girlfriend to a restaurant and I had a panic attack because of these bizarre racing thoughts. My mind was telling me that any minute the building will collapse on me, and then later it was telling me that someone will come out and shoot me, then later the waitress came to us and my mind was telling me that the waitress has a bomb and that she will blow us all up! I pictured all of this shit in my head. Does anyone here have any similar bizarre racing thoughts or is it just me? I know the crap I'm thinking is not likely to happen but that's just how my brain works.
It sounds like you're internalizing much of what's been going on in the world. Do you watch the news much or the radio? If you do, then it may be time to consider searching for a station or channel that reports on the positive in the world and not just the negative. Television shows and movies have the same effect. I'm also a thinker, and I used to love watching most cop/ER/firefighting themed shows. But after a while, they would get to me, and I noticed that I'd get paranoid or start thinking "what if?" For instance, what would I do if I was captured by a serial killer? Then you live the moment in your mind, fear and all. I mean, these thoughts get pretty dark. What helped me was asking myself why I was thinking about these thoughts in the first place. It helped that I stopped watching the darker shows. Once in a while I still watch the mild ones, but still, they're influenced by current events, which reinforces the news/radio reports we watch and hear and overwhelms our minds/subconscious with frightening, depressing and alarming false realities. Consider this: yes, there is evil in this world, but there is also good. Which will you choose to focus on?