Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post I think I have anxiety...What to do?

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm a 21 year old gal in college & recently have been noticing some things get a little out of hand.

I started a new job not too long ago & started noticing I wasn't feeling well. First it started with heat. I started getting really hot & sweaty.

Then my hands & feet went tingly and numb. Then my heart started racing and because I work in the hospital I could see that I was at 140bpm and my blood pressure was high - much higher than my normal.

My chest was tight and uncomfortable - I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. I just felt like I needed space. Like I couldn't seem to get above everything I was feeling - like I was drowning in it.

So I just went to sit down for about 15 minutes and everything seemed to ease up even though my heart rate was still fast around 100bpm.

Then this past week at work I started to feel nauseated and all of the same feelings again! Only this time - I passed out and hit my head. And felt like all though I was breathing - it felt like I couldn't get enough ad I felt like someone was just squeezig my shoulders and neck together..

I went to the ER and all of my labs & x rays came back A-Ok.

I've had this happen a few other times in my life and I remember this as a freshman in high school. I would wake up in the morning and not feel well and have to sit for fear of passing out. I remember telling my mom I felt like I couldn't stand or I'd pass out. Like my body just couldn't handle whatever was going on.

I just want to know what this is because I fall asleep with an uneasy feeling every night and wake up with the same thing every morning.

It just scares me and I don't want anything to actually be wrong ya know? I don't want to loose my job because I can't pull it together :/

Practice breathing techniques and possibly have a back up medicine for if you do have an attack? Not for daily use but just for when you'd need them you know. If you have to contact a friend when you are uneasy, distract your mind. Your labs came back okay then you are definitely fine. Anxiety will always convince you that you are not but be aware that the feeling will pass. Wishing luck to you friend.