Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Why can't I cry anymore?

I dont know, since January I can't really cry anymore. 2 days ago it was last day of school, everyone was crying and felt sad, so did I but I couldn't shed a tear even tho I was really sad. I used to cry every night but now even when I'm sad I can't shed any tears. Is it because I cried to much? (I know it might sound dumb but I dont know any other thing why it could be) I really am curious why I can't cry anymore x-x. even when I WANT to cry i can't.

Thanks for any response

I would not worry, as if something really made you mad or upset, you would cry, if the situation bothered you enough.
    I also have never heard about anyone crying too much, so I would not worry about that either.

I once thought I was all cried out, that I had shed so many tears with such frequency that I simply lost the ability. Definitely not the case. The tears are harder to trigger now but they still fall and whenever I do cry, I do so profusely. It builds up and up and up and when there is absolutely nowhere to run or hide from my pain...waterworks. I hadn't cried in a long time and my sister made a comment one day and suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks how alone, sad, and worthless I truly felt/feel. I wept for at least a few minutes straight. Anyway, I wouldn't really worry about it. Just because you aren't crying doesn't mean you aren't feeling anything. Maybe it just takes more than it took before to make it happen.
    Last edited by Zena; 08-11-2016 at 04:46 AM.

One finger or two?
    I find it hard to cry too. Just watch the green mile and you will be drowning in your own tears in no time..
    It's what your right hands for..

I haven't cried in ages. But it doesn't bother me because I never liked to cry.

I have cried on an number of occasions and it is no big deal. If the situation is bad enough, you will cry.