Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Please help me

Please help me

Hi! I feel I have so much to say and yet, I don't know what to write.

I am really tired of fighting suicide thoughts. The only thing that is hanging me tight is the fact that I know, deep down, it is not the right thing to do. I don't know for how long but I am very tired.

Anxiety and depression get the best of me. I feel very lonely and don't know who to talk to. We live in such a busy world that you can't help but think that you are bothering people. Sometimes I wonder if I am faking it all. Its like being stuck in a knotted web where i don't know what to believe in. I am so tired.

All I think of doing every day is escape. Run away. From everything.

Is this for real?

Hi and welcome,

I'm struggling with anxiety and depression a lot lately too. I don't have anyone much to talk to either, so it gets very lonely and scary.

Hang in there and know you aren't the only one going through this.

Bye for now,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi there

Most of us here know how you feel. It's horrible.

But you must make the effort to tell people because their support is important in your recovery. Don't assume people won't understand. Discard those that don't get it and reach out to those that do. You are not being a burden

Try to remember your life is worth living. You can talk to others who do care about your well being. Family, clergy, mental health professionals. etc.

Hi NikMer,
    You can see by how our responses that we want to connect with you, and that you are not alone. You're anxiety/depression sounds very serious. I don't know how old you are, but most people, including me, have hit a wall that we thought would bury us. And the very most of all of us got through it and so glad we did. Feelings can seem very powerful, but its only because we aren't in charge of them yet. But you can be. Feelings aren't facts! Being victorious over them will make you a stronger person, and someone who at a later time, may be able to help somebody else out in their struggles.

First, I think you have to be sure and protect yourself until you get things worked out. LEAN on others who can be helpful: Dependable friends, medical professionals, 911. Understand that you are going through a thing that is only temporary and that you just need some extra help for now. If you speak with professionals, be sure and do what they guide you to do. You may be in a place where you may have very negative thoughts, like 'I'm not good enough,' or 'It won't make a difference,' but these are part of the thing that you're going through. See them as symptoms and don't let them control you. They are distortions and perceptions. But you've got a life ahead of you that you will want to live, once you're there. But it takes time, so don't give up. There are answers to the problems.
    A book I also found very helpful is called ¬Feeling Good by David D. Burns, M.D. It is specific and will pleasantly surprise you as to how to get in charge of your feelings. You can probably get it at the library or purchase online.