Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Overly aware of my health

This is going to be a lot of thinking out loud, so please excuse the jumble.

Is anyone else overly aware of the state of their health?

I have my moments of assuming I'm in poor health or unknowingly terminally ill but this feels different from that.
    It's like.. if I don't stay on the exact same eating pattern, I can almost feel my body begin to get upset.
    If I go without activity, even for a short enough amount of time that it wouldn't realistically make a difference, I can feel my body yelling at me.

I don't know if this is real and I'm overly aware in a way that I can use to continually better myself, or if it will slowly tear me apart.
    Equally, I keep coming back to the conclusion that I have some sort of undiagnosed terminal illness that it slowly deteriorating my body and when I deviate from my healthy lifestyle, if only for a moment, my body tells me to stop.

I've had my blood tested more times than I can count for diabetes, thyroid (even though it runs in my family, I've never been diagnosed), hormone imbalance, HIV and have routinely brought up "maybe I have cancer somewhere in my body" to my doctor. All of this has come back negative, which is great, but it leaves me feeling absolutely insane as I continue to have feelings of being unwell.

Additionally, any slight ache or pain I feel is automatically assumed to be something terrible - a tumor, a degenerative disease etc. I just wish I was less aware of every little thing going on in my body so I could walk around in blissful ignorance like everyone else.

I was told by a psychologist that some of us are just wired differently and are more aware of any change in their body. Myself included.
    I was also told to accept yourself as you are and don't fight your anxiety as this will make it worse and stall your recovery.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Health anxiety is common.

Yep don't fight it, go with it and those thoughts should eventually lose their power over you.

Listen to stuff by Claire Weekes