Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: My First Post!

My First Post!

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all. I have been struggling with anxiety (both general and social) for quite some time now and it has been getting increasingly worse. I've tried to find someone to speak with, but everyone I have called doesn't cover my insurance or isn't accepting new patients.

In regards to my general anxiety, I feel as though my fight or flight response is constantly active. My heart rate is always incredibly high. I have trouble focusing and concentrating. I used to have the sharpest memory, but now I feel like I forget everything. I probably sleep 4 or 5 hours per night.

In addition, I (think) I struggle with social anxiety as well but I'm not to sure about the symptoms. When I'm in large or crowded spaces I get very nervous. I get a twitch which makes me feel incredibly self-conscious and heightens my symptoms as well. This makes it very difficult to focus during classes and meetings.

I'm reaching out to see how I can better manage this anxiety. I'm new to all of this and was hoping to see if other people experience these same types of symptoms, and how to resolve them. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. I would discuss your symptoms and concerns with maybe a natural pharmacist who may be able to recommend natural therapies.

Welcome, Tangotime. I hope we can help you. I'm sure being on this forum won't hurt.