Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hello....! (potentially TMI, symptoms listing)

Hi, I'm Vale, new here. New-ish to this anxiety thing.

Last weekend, I started having this strange discomfort in my shoulder (below the armpit), all the way up through my neck, left side. It's not quite tingling, not quite numb, and definitely not pain. It felt like a muscle tightness. I went in, they say, pinched nerve.

Regardless, I can't shake it. I've been waking up in the middle of the night (not THAT unusual), but two nights ago, I woke up and was overcome with a ton of symptoms: shivers, tingling left hand, constant urge to pee, and rapid bowel movements, racing heart. To me, that screams panic attack, but despite my conscious recognition, I can't stop feeling the onset, throughout the day today.

Then, last night, I woke again around the same time, and all I could think was, "no, not again." I was able to fight it mentally, somehow.

Shoulder and neck are still bugging. Went to a second doctor. Same diagnoses. Still unable to convince my mind that I'm not about to have a stroke or heart attack. Even though I recognize the absurdity of that.

Have an appt. for the first time with a BMS, but it's not until August (thanks Kaiser).

Considering looking elsewhere for a sooner appt, money not an issue, thankfully.

Joined here in hopes to at least make it through the weekend.

So, hi!

Hello! You will make it through the weekend. Also money not being an issue helps, you have a lot of options! Naturally you should see a doctor to check up on you, but it could very well be anxiety. As far as anxiety you being here means you have at least some anxiety, it would be best to do healthy things like eating, taking supplements, meditation, and exercise and stick with them. Its always best to get it taken care of early before anxiety manifests into stronger anxiety. If it is anxiety related it sounds like you haven't had it for very long and may have a very good chance of reversing it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceturtle View Post
    Hello! You will make it through the weekend.
    Thanks. This helps. A lot.